Visitors

"It's okay guys. They're with me. And any friend of Spike the Brave and Glorious is a friend of the Crystal Empire. Am I right?" Spike says as Alexis, Cadence, Shining Armor and Sunburst arrive near the guards to see them stopping Twilight, Starlight and Spike from entering the castle at the gate.

"Huh. It does look like him." A royal guard says unsurely.

"Well it would wouldn't it? I'm sorry but we'll need to see some proof of identification." The other guard says as he looks at Spike.

"We'll take care of things from here." Cadence says.

"My mom is right. You two can leave this to us." Alexis says.

"Oh Cadance thank goodness! What's going on?" Twilight asks as she looks happily at Cadence.

"We can explain Twily... if it really is you." Shining Armor says as he looks at Twilight.

"Mom?" Alexis asks as she looks at Cadence.

"Already taking care of it sweet heart. Sunshine, sunshine..." Cadence says as she goes over to Twilight.

"Ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" Cadence and Twilight say happily as they do their little dance.

"It's okay everypony. It's her." Shining Armor says as Alexis happily goes over to Twilight.

"Aunt Twilight." Alexis says happily as Twilight nuzzles her.

"Alexis it's so good to see you. You've grown so much. I'm sure Flurry Heart will be happy to see me too." Twilight says.

"Of course it's her! What's all this about?" Starlight asks.

"A changeling's been spotted nearby." Sunburst says as he comes over with Flurry Heart.

"A changeling?!" Twilight asks in alarm.

"That's not good." Spike says.

"No Spike. It's not good at all." Alexis says.

"After Queen Chrysalis took my place at our wedding and invaded Canterlot with her army of minions we're not taking any chances." Cadence says.

"Changelings feed off of love. And ever since Flurry Heart's Crystalling the Empire is filled with more love than anywhere in Equestria. It's possible they've come for the baby." Sunburst says.

"We've been pretty protective ever since. Just on the chance something isn't right." Alexis says as she nuzzles Flurry Heart much to her joy.

"That's why we posted the extra guards, and why we're-" Shining Armor then gets cut off by Twilight.

"Checking everypony's identity." Twilight says as Cadence nods.

"It's a lot but unfortunately it's necessary." Alexis says.

"I'm sorry for all of this. Flurry Heart's really been looking forward to seeing you." Cadence says as Flurry Heart happily coos at Twilight before Flurry Heart flies onto Alexis's back.

"Oh she's gotten so big!" Twilight says.

"Not to mention stronger with her wings." Alexis says as she smiles at Flurry Heart.

"Starlight and I will do whatever we can to help protect her." Twilight says as she smiles at Flurry Heart.

"To be honest having you here is already a big relief." Cadence says in relief before the guards whispers in Shining Armor's ear.

"Hmm. The royal guards were wondering if Spike the Brave and Glorious would like to join in the search for the changeling." Shining Armor asks.

"Really?" Spike asks.

"Uh I don't know if that's such a good idea Spike. It sounds dangerous." Twilight says.

"It's okay. I'm going with them Twilight." Alexis says as Twilight looks at her.

"Alexis has been helping lead in the search. Not preferable but try telling her no and see how long she listens." Shining Armor says as Alexis smiles.

"Come on Twilight this is Spike the Brave and Glorious you're talking to. Have you ever known me to run from danger?" Spike asks.

"Um..." Twilight says.

"He'll be safe with our guards. He and Alexis both." Shining Armor.

"And I'm certainly no slouch myself." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Or will your guards and eldest daughter be safe with me?" Spike asks as Twilight sighs and smiles at him.