Mirror Image of the Panther

Start from the beginning

Shiro grinned at him and patted the spot beside him, Ichigo crawled onto the bed and snuggled up to Shiro. Once in a comfortable position, Shiro started petting Ichigo's hair, and spoke quietly, "So I got word from Sammy today."

Ichigo looked up hopefully, "What did she say?"

"She said that they had made a conference with Yamamoto and some of the other higher ups. Such as Kuchiki, Unohana, Kyoraku, Soi Fon, Abari, Hitsugaya, Urahara, and Rukia."

Ichigo's eyes widened at the last two names, "So, they're still okay?"

Shiro nodded and laughed slightly, "Why wouldn't they be? They can hold their own just fine."

Ichigo looked down, "I know, but the last time I saw Urahara was when I ran away from the Hunters. And the last time I saw Rukia..." A memory of blood and screams filled Ichigo's head and he shook it.

Shiro held him closer, "It's okay. Ya know what? Orihime Inoue was there as well and she told Sammy that Rukia had been doing just fine."

Ichigo's head shot up, "You mean she is there too?"

Shiro nodded, "Yep, so is Uryu and Chad. They joined the Hunters after you left, they had told Sammy that they wanted to help in any way they possibly could."

Ichigo shook his head in disbelief, "But Uryu would never join the Hunters, and Orihime is too gentle to be there."

Shiro shrugged, "They were determined, but when Sammy explained your situation to them, they calmed down a bit. Renji was a bit of an ass but that's his usual self."

Ichigo nodded and Shiro continued, "But back to the main event. Sammy had convinced Yamamoto to send some of his best Hunters back here to help find Zero and put a stop to his rein of terror. And," Shiro paused and looked at Ichigo's neck, "they are also sending someone close to you to help with the problem of Zero's blood being fused with your own."

Ichigo tilted his head, he didn't understand completely, but Shiro made him calm his mind and try to get some sleep.

~

Sammy let out a huff and looked over her shoulder, back at the person who landed on the branch behind her, "Ya better hurry up. We might just leave yer ass here."

Beth and Grimmjow appeared on a couple branches away from Sammy and watched the newcomer with unwavering eyes.

The person stood up from their crouch and let the moon shine on their hair. It was long, and a beautiful black with a light blue streak going through the bangs the swept off to the side. Their eyes glinted and icy blue that reflected the moon and hidden memories in their depths. Short black shorts held her nicely, with the button undone, and a belt that hung loosely from one loop around her waist. Her black belly tank top was tight, but not enough to not let her move around freely. A pistol holster laid on her waist, while a sword lay sheathed on her back. She grinned showing pointed fangs that glinted in the light. She raised one hand and covered her mouth, her black claws glinting dangerously.

Her voice was soft, yet had a sinful appeal to it, "You're one to talk Sammy. Who was it that kicked yer ass how many years ago?"

Sammy tisked and whipped her head back forward, "That was then wasn't it?"

Sammy's eyes widened when she felt a breeze on her neck, then a deadly whisper in her ear, "I wouldn't want to test it to see if you could bring me down. It may be harsh to say, but I'm not the one missing a key member in my little group now am I?"

Beth growled, but Sammy shook her head once then turned to face the girl, her eyes like stone, "That's pretty cold to say," Sammy's eyes hardened further, and as she said the girl's name, the girl's eyes flashed red, to black, and back to their crystallized blue, "Toshi Hyo."

Toshi smiled and bowed a bit, "I can't wait to see my little brother."

Sammy felt her insides clench, Ichigo was in for a bit of either pain, or anger. Being involved with the mirror image of the panther was not something you wanted to do.

Toshi straightened and ran forward, past Sammy, her black hair whipping across her face as she ran from branch to branch.

Beth glared after her, while Grimmjow looked back at Sammy, "Are you sure it was the right decision to bring her first?"

Sammy nodded, "It's what Yamamoto wanted. But," Sammy's eyes grew distant as she spoke, "It's not going to be easy on Ichigo.

Toshi ran faster, the idea of seeing her long lost little brother made her giddy. Her grin grew wide, 'Don't worry little brother, I'll make sure we finish what father wanted.'

A dull glow shone from Toshi's back, then faded. She was determined to fix what was broken all those years ago.