Chapter 4

Tim Drake falls onto his bed with a long groan. "Gosh darn I have to be productive," he admits to no one. He tilts his head, looking over at the many books sprawled out on his desk. He had just finished schooling and according to the messy schedule Alfred had figured for them all, it was his night to patrol. His Robin costume was hidden in the bottom of his underwear drawer. He figured no sensible person would rifle through someone's underwear drawer. 

He slides off his bed and trudges over to pull out his costume. Red Robin. That's who he was. He graduated to this after Damian was dropped off at Bruce's doorstep.

He stiffly steps toward the dresser that stood near the door. It was easy to put on, considering it fits like a second pair of skin, feeling comfort in its snug warmth. He looks towards the door and clears his throat, letting out a small yawn before forcing himself to go onward.

He sprints down the hall, sliding down the stairs and towards the library where the entrance to the cave was well hidden. He lets his hand catch the side of the wall to slide in and runs into Bruce who catches him by both arms without a gasp or wince. He drops his gaze to the young man and looks over his costume. "Tim. You aren't supposed to wear your uniforms up here." Bruce chooses to say and Tim just chuckles, patting the man's arm.

"Oh Bruce," he chuckles and shakes his head at the man. "Who's gonna see? You aren't social anyway so no one is ever over." He pats his arm again and lets out one last chuckle before hurrying to the elevator and slapping the button.

He's in the city within a good 20 minutes where he drops off his bike in an alley Bruce had chosen as the safest and resorts to his usual grappling hook to make his way across the drafty city.

He flies up, the small device lifting him up onto a building that seemed, at the moment, empty. It was a vast terrarium on the top of the tall enough building, speckled with vivid blooms and plants of all sorts. It was an odd type, truly, and a strange thing for a building. Yet he enjoyed it madly, and it was like a sanctuary of peace when he was patrolling. He was just glad poison ivy didn't take sanctuary in such a beautiful place as this.

His feet hit the concrete of the top floor and he lets out a little grunt before he looks up and studies the barren roof. A smile tugs at his lip and he crosses his arms over his chest. "I know you're here, come out."

"Oh you're no fun," the girl's voice comes from a large pot of soft purple violets, where she stood, picking them and weaving them into a flower crown. "It's almost unfair you come to my turf," she looks at the apartment building where she stayed.

"Your turf?" he holds his heart and staggers back. "Spoiler, you don't want me to be here?" he acts offended but ends up laughing and walking towards her. "Come on, you know this is practicality on my turf too."

"Practically," she looks up at him with a soft smile, her gloved fingers still knitting the purple buds into a creation. "I believe that you come here every time just to see me! I'm honored, really," she answers and he can almost see the pretty smirk underneath the mask she wore.

"I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I just don't want to patrol alone," he sticks his tongue out and easily walks over. "What do you say we patrol?"

"Do you expect me to flatter you?" She laughs as she moves from the spot she was at, slowly placing the crown upon her hooded figure, yet it still sat prettily. "I came up here for a night stroll. Not to patrol with boy wonder."

"Oh come on," he crosses his arms and over his chest and taps his foot against the pavement as if he were impatient. "I have to patrol. It's my night. And I don't go on strolls in my hero costume every night.... so I gotta go and you're welcome to come if you want."