Chapter 31 - Pills

[Correlates with Chapter 73-74 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

Mackenzie was right when she said 'maybe we can fix' my stress earlier. But after the meeting, we went out to eat then came back here and I definitely was not stressed while we were in bed. That's all I have to say. I smirked to myself as I thought about it. Sex with her never fails to amaze me. We are both brushing our teeth in my bathroom to get ready for bed. She finished before me and placed her toothbrush back down.

"Do you have an extra charger?" She asked me.

"Yeah it's in one of my drawers." I told her after I rinsed my mouth. She walked out of the bathroom now. "But I can find it if you want" I said loud enough for her to hear as I put my tooth brush down now too.

"No it's fine. I can find it" I heard her say back to me. I put away the toothpaste then walked out of the bathroom. But I stopped in my tracks once I saw her holding two of my pill bottles. No...

"What do you think you're doing?" I raised my voice at her. She jumped a little bit and looked back at me. I walked over to her, snatched the bottles from her and threw them back into the drawer, then slammed it shut. I felt like I was seeing red. I'm so angry. "Why did you touch those?" I asked her as I looked at her again. She took a step back from me. She knows I'm pissed.

"I was looking for the charger" She tried to tell me.

"If it was in this drawer I would have fucking said it was in that drawer" I told her. "You had no right to touch those!" I yelled at her.

"Jason I'm your girlfriend. I can know these things" She said back I let out a laugh.

"I don't care what you are. There's no reason for you to look at my pill bottles" I snapped at her and she shook her head.

"Whats your problem?" She snapped back at me. Oh now she's mad?

"My problem?" I asked her and I smirked obviously a fake one. "You should know since you were just snooping at my pill bottles" I said back. I feel like I'm going to black out. I feel like I have no control. I'm so angry there's no stopping me. "What about you? I'm sure you have a problem. You know since you're so in love with one of the world biggest criminals. Someone like that must be crazy. Or maybe you're secretly fucking Derek" I snapped and her jaw dropped.

"Fuck you" She snapped back at me as she grabbed her phone from the bed.

"You just did" I said back to her. She scoffed and started to put her pants on. I watched as she grabbed her bag and ran out of the room.

I should chase after her.

No actually fuck that. I'm not.

No, I have to. I'm being a dick. I know I am. I quickly walked out of the room and went to the top of the stairs and saw her standing there with Travis as she cried.

"Wait!" I said to her. She looked up at me. "Come back up" I made sure to say in a calm tone even though I wasn't calm.

"No. You know you're right. I don't know why I'm in love with someone like you. We're done" She said and my heart dropped. She then ran out the door.

She just broke up with me. It's all my fault. I fucked up so bad. I called her crazy for being in love with me. I told her she must have problems. When I'm the one all fucked up with problems left and right.