.006

omniscient view

dawn had permanently locked herself in her room since the break up. she hadn't talked to vadah, hadn't walked out her room or gotten out of her bed unless to get into the shower and eat, then right back in bed she went.

vadah was definitely starting to get worried, she hadn't seen her best friend in a week starting tomorrow. she missed her. "dawn, i made some food you want some?" vadah asked knocking on the door.

everyday she would ask dawn to come out and eat and everyday dawn would say later. the only reason vadah knew she was actually eating was because she'd see another dish in the sink when she came back downstairs.

"later" dawn muttered loud enough for vadah to hear. vadah sighed but backed off, there wasn't much she could do and she knew dragging dawn out her bed right now wasn't a good idea so she had to let her go through her emotions. "i swear it's on sight if i see that nigga in the streets" she mumbled to herself before walking back to her room.

on the other side of the door dawn sat up in her bed blankly staring at the tv that played the rebooted fresh prince. her phone buzzed beside her, lately dd had been contacting her more. she knew he knew about the break up, melz probably did too since she texted her every now and then too. but she couldn't talk to them, or anyone for that matter.

the 'argument' with jay left her hurt, confused, and slightly insecure. boring, he grew tired of her after dating for almost two years. two years of dawn trying to be the best girlfriend and sticking beside him through everything just for her to find out he was bored.

she was pulled out her thoughts, phone ringing as siri announced that dd was calling. dawn wiped her face, feeling the tears she let out once again before actually answering him for once. "hello" she mumbled letting the camera face the ceiling.

dd, melz, and bria were all in the screen, dd looked like he was ready to pop off any moment and the girls looked concerned. "you sound like you been crying baby" bria said while dd rolled his eyes, "of course she been crying that bullshit ass nigga broke up with her and acting like nothing happened. bringing smoochies home and shit like i won't shoot him."

"david!" melz scolded as dawn hummed, so he's already moving on? great. "vadah said your room doors been locked since the break up, have you eaten anything" melz changed the topic as her younger brother got up out the camera. bria nodded in agreement, "i've been eating, you know vadah not go let me starve in here, she'd break down my door for real" dawn cracked a little joke, mostly for herself.

"amiri stop touching stuff!" dd yelled in the background, "dd put my son down!" melz yelled looking behind herself. dawn smiled softly, she really did miss hearing them argue. they were like her second family, they were her hearts.

bria rolled her eyes before grabbing dd's phone, "me and melz wanted to come over to see you, dd would come but he got to be in the studio today. that's cool with you?" dawn gave a thumbs up to her camera, still not showing her face as she paused her show.

"see you soon babygirl—safety" dawn responded before ending the call. eventually she'd have to get out of bed, guess today was the day.

dawn got up, making up her bed and putting her hair in a lazy ponytail. she grabbed her glasses, not bothering to mess with her contacts and unlocked her bedroom door. the girl went downstairs, hearing vadah and someone else as she got closer to the last step.

"jenn move i'm fixing dawn's plate bro" vadah said as she pushed the darker girl away. dawn stood in the kitchen entrance, "you taller than her?" she said making herself known to the two females. jenn looked at her before mugging, "you thought i was short?—you look it" dawn shrugged ignoring the way vadah was staring at her.