𝟎𝟕. keep a secret

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 after their Hogmeades trip. And now Amelia was currently on her bed, struggling to sleep, although her eyes were heavy and her body felt like jelly. Amelia had always had a problem with sleeping. She tried every method, but it didn't help much. 

Then she remembered her Divination teacher's words, " If you struggle to sleep, you have to solve all your problems," she scoffed at that, but not too loud for her dormmates to wake up. She proceeds to do so anyway. Her mind wandered around, apart from her school stress, there was nothing for her to worry about, and well... her situation with James. 

She had been ignoring James for weeks now and it was killing her. It was hard to keep ignoring her since he was bothering her all the time so she just walked out of the room if she saw him. 

" Amy! Quit moving around, you're making too much noise, go listen to music or something," Marlene groaned. 

Amelia walked as quietly as possible - while Marlene went back to sleep - to take her earphones. Steve had got her these muggle earphones for her to listen to music, which also got her to listen to some muggle music. 

And finally, Amelia got some sleep after all.

James sat on the bench in the great hall, waiting for Amelia to arrive for breakfast, while the other boys looked at him as they had breakfast in silence. " Oh- to get James's eyes off that fucking door,"

" You okay?" Peter asked. " It's quite obvious, Pete," Sirius snickered.

James broke his gaze towards the door for a second, ignoring Sirius, looking at them before turning the gaze towards it again. " Yeah, just- is it just me, or Amelia is acting weird lately?" 

" No. I mean- she's not spending time with all of us together, but she still talks to me and Remus and maybe Sirius sometimes, I guess? I mean, we do sit next to her in," Peter answered quickly.

" WHAT? She hasn't talked to me for a week," James exclaimed, his face was scrunched up, cutting Peter off "Oh no, what did I do wrong? Did she find out about me having this big fat crush on her for the last 4 years?"

" The last 4 fucking years?! You told me you just developed a crush on her this summer," Sirius shouted, not making eye contact with some people around him that was giving him weird looks.

" Okay, maybe I was lying, but that's not the point here, Siri," James rolled his eyes when Sirius replied " That is the point,"

" Not everything's about you, Black," Remus defended.

" Or maybe, she's catching the feels for you, Jamie," Peter said, munching his sandwich, turning everyone back to the main topic.

James' face turned into a smile immediately" Really?" Sirius raised his eye-browns "Could be, women do that sometimes,"

" No way. 'Cause last month she told me she had this crush on a Ravenclaw," Remus shook his head, finally speaking up. James' looked like he was about to cry, palming his face, his mouth agape " Oh godric," he groaned

" What? Why didn't you tell us?"

" Why would I? Plus it would hurt, James"

"It did hurt him!" Sirius yelled dramatically as he went over to hug James, and faked sobbing, leaning on his shoulders. 

" It had to be said," Remus shrugged " But now I have you, Jamsie. No one can take you away from me now," Sirius whispered, trying to hide his smile.

Peter snorted, making Remus and Sirius laugh. " Hey! Not funny," James said, trying to keep his sad face but failing, cracking a smile.

Before Amelia knew it, the week was over. Another week without the Marauders by her side. She had never ignored the Marauders for this long and she felt so... empty. She knew she shouldn't be doing this. It hurt both her feelings and theirs. The others soon also realized she was distancing herself.

They immediately asked her about it but she just used the 'OWLs stress' excuse, which they did not buy but didn't press it.

"Amelia?" Lily called out to the girl who was sitting next to the window. It was already late at night. Amelia couldn't sleep again, like usual, she went to sit next to the window to listen to music.

Amelia snapped her head towards Lily, taking her headphones off. " Yeah?"

" Can i talk to you?" Amelia nodded as Lily sat in front of her. " What's up?" Amelia cracked a smile. Lily hesitated before saying " Is something bothering you?"

Amelia laughed "What? No- I- no, nothing's bothering me. What's wrong?"

"I don't know, it's just- you're not talking to James" "Since when do you fucking care about James? Besides, I'm not"

" You are," Lily cut Amelia off, ignoring her language, though she usually would scold her for cursing, " James told me about it and you are not spending as much time with them,"

" Tell me, you can tell me everything, Amy. Please" Lily almost begged. " There's nothing I have to tell,"

Lily looked Amelia in the eye with a serious look. Amelia looked away, attempting to avoid eye contact, bringing her hand up to bite her nails, but Lily pushed her hand away before she could.

" Oh come on, it can't be that serious," Lily groaned in frustration.

Then she stopped. Amelia was confused at her action but then realized Lily had found out. She looked down in shame, blood rising into her cheeks, making her face red, then brought her hand up to bite her nails again (she does this every time she's nervous)

But Lily laughed, Amelia looked up in confusion, still blushing " What? It's a good thing. I've been waiting for this moment for 3 years,"

"It's not good. It's going to be awkward between us, which is already happening and I don't want to do this, it's not good for our friendship, Lily," Amelia rushed, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

 Amelia didn't want to ruin anything between them. They used to be inseparable, but ever since Amelia found out about her crush on James, it wasn't the same. It was like there was an invisible wall between them, blocking them apart. Amelia hated that.

" Hey! It's obvious that he likes you! I mean, I don't that guy that much, as he bullied Snape and he liked me in First Year, which was weird but I'm happy for you, Amy," Lily said 

"He doesn't like me, Lils, at least not like that. He was just being nice. Trust me, I know him,"

" Do you?" Lily asked, making Amelia silent. " Come on, you know these rumors for the last two years were a coincidence? I mean, you guys are close - closer than you should be for best friends,"

" How?" Amelia sighed " How are we closer?"  

" You guys used to make jokes about having sex together, and he literally gropes your boobs and your ass every day,"

" Groped, past tense," Amelia corrected, " We were in Fourth Year, we were kids, we've... grown up, he was a pervert back then," She laughed at the thought.

" Amy?"