In fact, when she had decided to follow her mother's medical footsteps and become a doctor (much to Val's eternal glee), he'd fully supported her, and even recently went on a year long exchange program with her. He definitely spent most of the time gloating about how he could work without actually going to work.

While Sophie had enjoyed the year mostly alone with him, she was glad to be back, and couldn't imagine anywhere else she would rather be.

The rest of her friends ended up with their happily ever afters too.

Dex ended up with Biana, both of them teaching in Foxfire together. Well that was after they surprised everyone with an engagement immediately after college graduation.

Tam and Linh remained in Ire, but the latter had pursued the life of a veterinarian and worked whenever she wanted in her clinic. Genuinely, Sophie was jealous.

Marella was having lots of fun governing Fury after Earle was arrested and put on life sentence for murder, attempted murder, and, well, so much more.

Marella had laughed her way through all of her uncle's court cases, in which Earle's lawyer had actually battled against Fitz, who followed a similar career path as Keefe, both of them studying law together.

Everything was perfect, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

~

It was after dinner. Val had gone to bed early, claiming exhaustion, that her morning sickness was worse than usual.

Liam was busy at Wrath, having gone over after being called up to fix whatever, so naturally, babysitting duty turned to Sophie.

Oh sorry, and Keefe, who had insisted on tagging along.

She rocked Emma back and forth one last time, watching that adorable face scrunched up in her sleep as she gently put her onto the bed.

The toddler had both her parents good looks, and Sophie had been surprised how much a kid could look completely like her father, yet also exactly like her mother.

"What an adorable little thing," Keefe cooed.

"She is," Sophie agreed.

"I wasn't only talking about Emma."

She flushed red, glaring at him.

He laughed, wrapping his arms around her waist as she curled hers around his neck. 

"Want one?"

"Hm?"

He grinned mischievously and jerked his chin towards Emma.

Sophie felt her face heat as she mumbled, "Val's due in three months."

He smacked her shoulder lightly. "You know what I mean."

"What do you mean?"

She wasn't sure she was breathing.

In fact, she was a hundred percent sure that she wasn't breathing when he let go of her and gave her a sly grin, slowly sinking onto one knee.

"You're not," she insisted disbelievingly. Stubbornly.

"Or so you think," he teased, retrieving a box from his pocket.

"Come on," she whined, dragging out the word. She couldn't think of a way to react that wouldn't result in her embarrassing herself.

He smiled. Smiled, not a grin, not a smirk. He flipped open the cover of the box, revealing a beautiful ring. She could just make out their initials carved on the inside of it.

"You don't need me telling you to know that I love you. With everything that I am. I could go on and on about what I love about you, how I promise to always be here for you. But then you'd start crying and complain about me making you cry, which, might I just add, is one of the many adorable things you do. So I'll make things easier for you and just say it.

"Marry me, Foster."

She inhaled a deep breath, steeling her nerves.

"Okay," she barely whispered.

He got up, sliding the ring onto her finger, slipping a hand behind her neck as he kissed her.

When they pulled apart, his gaze was intense as he said, "I love you."

She couldn't find words that meant more than 'I love you too'. Because she felt so much more than that.

So she repeated to him exactly what he had said to her seven years ago.

"I can't say I don't love you either."

~

A/N: DUN DUN DUNNNNNN AND THAT'S THE END OF CSIDLY!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY FINISHED IT OMG HEH...

Lemme tell you, I spent a legit four hours writing these newly updated chapters (at least five of them I think) on the plane XD.

I really hope you enjoyed the book, because I know I definitely enjoyed writing it.

Well time for some shameless self promo, if you loved CSIDLY, you should try my completed other Sokeefe AU, TSIY, The Spy In You.

OTTR for the entire book in general? How much do you like it?

I'm always open to constructive criticism, so what did you like and not like about this book? Feel free to comment about my writing style, the plot, the characters, or anything in particular, thank youuu!!

Now let's go on to the acknowledgements!

~Alison_5201314

;))