Epilogue

Seven years later...

"GUESS WHO'S BACK!" Keefe yelled into the house

Sophie laughed, pushing past him into the house that she hadn't seen in the whole year she had been overseas.

"Sophie!" Val exclaimed, grinning widely, bouncing her three year old daughter on one arm and hugging Sophie with the other.

Sophie grinned back, kissing her niece, Emma, on the nose.

It had been four years since Val and Liam had gotten married, three since they'd had their daughter. And now a son on the way apparently.

"Hey look, it's the walking disaster herself!" Liam teased, emerging from the room to ruffle her hair.

"You mean your daughter's favourite," she argued, sticking out her tongue childishly.

Emma giggled.

"Besides," she added nonchalantly, putting her hands on her hips. "This disaster's now a doctor!"

"I feel bad for the patients," Keefe stage whispered to no one in particular, earning him an elbow to the gut.

"Ow!"

Emma giggled again, clapping her hands.

"For the record, babe," he stuck his tongue out at Sophie. "I'm Emma's favourite."

Lies, she mouthed at him.

He grinned wickedly and stole Emma from Val's arms, despite the latter's protests, and ran off into the halls of the house, yelling, "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!"

Liam groaned, racing over to get his daughter back, whose shrieks of laughter were echoing in the house.

Sophie smiled. She couldn't believe how much she'd missed it back at home, but she certainly did a whole lot.

"Come on," Val tugged at her arm. "Now I can finally give you my medical journals."

Sophie raised an eyebrow as she was being dragged into the bedroom. "You couldn't have thought to give them to me before I graduated med school?"

Val laughed evilly. "Where would the fun be in that?"

~

After that night seven years ago, everything slowly began to fall into place.

The other Gang Leaders, after hearing about William's death and realising exactly how much power the Heirs really had, had stopped a lot on their abuse, fearing a similar fate.

They couldn't say their lives hadn't been better after that.

It was a hard few years, but they slowly began to legalise everything that they did, despite how impossible that had seemed. And it all came with a lot of help and legal advice from, shocker, Keefe's parents.

Eventually, things eased, and it was as if the past had never happened. There were hard days, of course, but each day got better and better.

Dave, remained the best of friends with Liam, governing Wrath together, since that was what they had grown up in. Val even occasionally joked that she was jealous of Dave.

That was, until she was granted with Emma.

Keefe, on the other hand, winked and told Sophie one fine day, "Race you to graduation." And had skipped about a zillion grades and graduated years earlier than she had, the competitive idiot.

But she was happy for him, she'd never seen him happier.

She never thought he'd end up where he was now, as legal consultant of Trio. But. Oh well. He liked his job, claiming that it kept them closer. And it really did.