Changes In the Heart (Chapter 2)

Start from the beginning

Her face turned red again. "Sh-shut up. You don't really think that."

"Oh, but I do. Want me to say it again? Lucy Heartfilia looks beautiful."

Her face turned redder, if that was even physically possible. "Stop womanizing me!"

"Can I ask you something, Blondie? Why is it that you always blush around me, huh?"

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that. I'll see you tomorrow, Sting. Now get out of my apartment before someone from Fairy Tail sees you."

~LUCY'S POV~

"Bye, Blondie." As he was about to jump out of the window, I wondered what it must be like to do that. 

"W-Wait!"

"What is it? Need something?"

"I want to try that too."

"Try what?"

"Jumping out from the window. I'm just curious. Dragon Slayers like to jump out windows. I want to try."

He chuckled. "Sure. I'll wait below in case you fall or something. Make sure to balance yourself so you won't fall in the wrong way." He jumped out, and I readied myself. I looked down at Sting, who was expectantly waiting for me. I took a deep breath and jumped. "Eeeep!!!". I jumped the wrong way. At this rate, I wouldn't land on my feet, but on my back. I closed my eyes, waiting for the excruciating pain I would eventually feel in seconds. But it never came.

Instead, I saw Sting staring at me and carrying me bridal style. This was the second time he did that. I realized I had my arms wrapped around his neck. At first, we just stared at each other, both of us seemed to be lost in each other's faces. I looked in his blue eyes. It was like getting lost in a majestic deep blue ocean.

I decided to break the awkward silence. "Um...S-Sorry. It was stupid of me to try jumping out the window."

"No, it's, uh...It's fine. Just get to your guild."

I turned around and ran to the guild. I opened the door and found Natsu and Lisanna laughing together. I felt a pang in my heart. It had been a little over a month since Natsu cheated on my with Lisanna on the exact day of our anniversary. I sat down on one of the stools by the counter. Mira was wiping some dishes with a cloth. She seemed to be looking straight at me. Almost as if she was suspicious.

"KYAAA!!! Lucy, you met a boy!"

I was extremely shocked. Did Mira know that just by staring at me? Was I that obvious? "M-Mira! I did not!"

"I can tell! You smell just like that blonde Dragon Slayer from Sabertooth!"

"Wh...What?! How did you know?! You're not a Dragon Slayer!"

Mira frowned. "Lucy, I may not be a Dragon Slayer, but I still have a working nose and a sense of smell. So, is it true? Are you seeing Sting Eucliffe of Sabertooth?"

I whispered in her ear, "Y-Yeah...We're seeing each other, but we're not dating. We met yesterday, and we sort of...shared a blanket while watching a movie. While we were watching, Sting got pissed about our one-blanket situation, so he placed me between his legs."

"KYAAAA!!!!!" I clamped my hand over her mouth. "Mira! SSSHHHH!!"

"Okay, okay, okay, okay...What else? Any more details?"

"Uh...N-no..."

"Seriously?" Mira crossed her arms.

I groaned in defeat. "Fine." I lowered my voice. "But you have to promise not to squeal this time." She nodded obediently. "We slept together last night. But that's it! Nothing happened!"

Mira resisted the tempting urge to sceram by clamping her hand over her mouth and jumping up and down like a little girl. "Lucy, I have to see him! When are you seeing each other?"

"T-Tomorrow..."

"Great! I'll come."

"Wha? No!"

"Why not? Don't want me to disturb your date?"

"It's not a date, Mira! Ugh, fine, you can come. But you have to go back as soon as we leave."

"Right! I just have to meet him. That's all.". Mira winked at me and smiled. "You got a good one, Lucy!"

~STING'S POV~

"Sting, where have you been?" Rogue asked.

"I, uh...I was with someone."

"Really? Who?"

"As if I would tell you."

Rogue sniffed the air. "You smell just like that blonde girl from Fairy Tail. Strawberries and vanilla. Were you with her?"

"Who?"

"The blonde fairy! What was her name...? Lucy, I think...Lucy Heartfilia."

I blushed at Rogue's mention of Lucy. "So what if I was..."

"You were with her! Imagine what Minerva or Master Jiemma would say if they found out you're seeing a member of Fairy Tail!"

"Like I care. They can kick me out of the guild and I still won't care."

Rogue blinked back, shocked. "You must really care for her."

"EH?! No! I don't care for her!"

"When will you see each other again?"

"...Tomorrow...We're going out tomorrow..."

"A date?"

"Shut up."

"Whatever. Just make sure you don't get caught." 

 Both blondes slept peacefully that night, dreaming about each other.