Chapter 2 • Jaci

Start from the beginning

Disgruntled by her actions, I crushed the map into my hand. Walking up to the undesirable doors that bears my unwanted future.

Entering the Academy I have a sense of foreboding. The building inside is more magnanimous that it's outer shelling.

The inside of the building looks like it came straight out of a Harry Potter movie. I wonder if the portraits on the walls will start moving?

Examining a painting of a large demon with an abundant amount of fog incasing him, I eye it closely to see if the demon will actually move. After a few seconds I give up on my moronic musings.

I'm losing it.

Walking down the silent hall, my footsteps echo throughout the building. Counting down the doors to my right I finally reach a humongous set of double doors that look straight out of the medieval times.

Upon opening the creaky the door, I enter inside of the Headmasters office hesitantly

Upon opening the creaky the door, I enter inside of the Headmasters office hesitantly. Expecting a bat or something to fly out at me.

The inside of the office looks just like a regular deans office preferably. Well thank God there's no bats.

There's a very pretty secretary sitting at the front desk.

She looks up at me suddenly blasting me with an gorgeous smile

"You must be Jaci?" Nodding my head to her, "we've been expecting you," she waves her manicured hand to the seat seating directly in front of her desk, "have a seat and I'll get your paperwork sorted." Sitting down in the cold leather seat, with the crumpled up map in my hand, I blow out the immense breath that I've been holding in. My anxiety is over flowing.

"Looks like everything is in order. I just need you to sign these papers," leaning in I sign the paper she offers to me, not even bothering to read it over, "Alrighty then, here is your key card for your new dorm room," I place the card in my back pocket, she eyes the map in my hand, "I see you already have a map. Here's a pamphlet on the rules and regulations," she hands me a little blue pamphlet, I place it with the map inside my hand, "and here's your card to see Ms. Flora. Her room is outside of the door, it's the last door to your left. Right beside the entrance doors. My name is Ms. Tampal if you have questions you can come in and ask me at anytime and welcome to Alkine." Her cherry attitude is inspiring. Placing Ms, Floras card in my other pocket, I shake her hand, saying thank you and turning for the door to go find Ms. Floras office.