Chapter 2

When Heather gets called on a trip abroad with Yugi Moto, owner of the game shop, she's excited, usually Noah handled the expeditions. "And you're certain we'll have hit gold?" Yugi asks on the phone "Positive mister Moto, the temple describes the way to the tomb of pharaoh Atem and his wife queen Ruby." the other person says "I see, we'll be there as soon as we can." Yugi ends the conversation before hanging up.

"It's massive, how is this still standing?" Heather asks upon seeing the temple "Rumor has it that the gods made it." someone says, getting the groups attention "And you are?" Yugi asks, the young woman addressing them looks young, but there's a certain wisdom in her eyes you only get with age "Angelique, I'll be your guide as I live in this area." she informs them "We best head off though, we're losing daylight and creatures roam at night, protecting the tomb, but never attacking unless you come too close.". Angel gives Ash a wave as they head off "You look... oddly familiar." Heather tells their guide who guides them through the area "Must have one of those faces." Angel says with a smile "We best make camp here, the rest has to be on foot." she says.

When it becomes dark Heather finds Angel looking over the valley "You said you live here right? Why was Ruby put in the same tomb as Atem?" she asks "Hard to say, some speculate she died first and the pharaoh ordered the burial to be in his pyramid, some say they died together and the priests couldn't seperate them." Angel explains, resting her chin on her hand "There is one important detail you missed at the temple though." "Which is?" Yugi asks walking over to them "You can only take one, if you take both then you will curse your entire traveling party." is the reply he sort of expected, but hoped he didn't get "We'll remember that." he says, giving her a smile.

At the tomb they pass all the trials and in the last chamber they see two sarcophagi "How will we know which one has the pharaoh and which one has his wife?" someone asks and Heather stops him from walking forwards "Angelique, why didn't you say this room had a trial too?" she asks "There shouldn't be one." Angel replies, she had no clue if there were any modifications made after Atem went to sleep. "Welcome young mistress." someone says as mist swirls down "Answer this riddle and you shall pass, but only those with a pure heart may reach their resting place." "A sphinx." Angel says as she turns around "Can I pass?" she asks "Of course young misstress, as you are part of the riddle" the sphinx says letting Angel pass. "Give us the riddle." Yugi says, causing the guardian to lay down "Your guide has two identities, which one if her true one?" it asks "You get three tries." "The normal one." the guy from before says "Incorrect." the sphinx tells him, but before Yugi can open his mouth Heather holds up her hand to stop him "It's a trick question." she mumbles "Both, the answer is both. Angel is the goddess of magic, but gods have multiple forms." she answers "Correct. Ruby was wise in chosing you." the sphinx says disappearing. Yugi looks at the young woman next to him as she walks towards the bridge "We're taking the left one." she says as she crosses it "But we could take both." "You'd curse us all." Heather deadpans "Sorry Angel, but we're taking Atem." "A wise choice, now," Angel says "does anyone else wish to cross the bridge?". Yugi walks over it and he runs his hand over the engravings "I'll get my men to come down and collect it." he says.

With the sarcophages in the museum they get an increase in visitors "You don't really think you would've been cursed for taking both right?" Noah asks "No, I'm sure about it actually." Heather says "I don't know why but..." she trails off "Angelique looked familiar." "Familiar?" Noah asks, so Heather shows a picture "That does look familiar." he mumbles.

Yugi visits the museum with Riley and they just manage to open the sarcophages "Damn, more protection?" Heather asks and Yugi gives a wave "Need some help?" he asks "If you could, we finally got it open now we can't move the lid." Noah says, but Heather starts coughing "Sorry, must've gotten a cold." she says, but Noah frowns "I'm not sure... you never get a cold." he points out. "Excuse me, I'm looking for the people who dug up Atem and Ruby's tomb." someone says, getting the attention of the two instantly "Two other members of that party died because of mysterious circumstances.". It's quiet for a moment before Heather starts coughing again "You think the idiots took the other one too?" Yugi asks "Without a doubt." she replies "We need to get it back into the tomb." "How?" Noah asks, that earns him a grin.

Seto sweatdrops at the explanation "And this is important how?" "Heather's dying from a curse," Yugi deadpans "and I remember you saying-" "Fine, I'll help." Seto says standing up. Finding the people who took it is easy, but upon entering the camp everyone's dead "Where's Ruby?" Seto asks, making quick work of the security magic and opening it "Here." someone says. Seto smiles slightly as her "I was rudely woken when they blew up the tomb." she explains "B-but... how?" Heather asks, earning a pat on the head "Time's up, I'll see you again." Ruby mumbles and a flash of light appears.

"Ugh... my head." Heather mumbles as she gets up "What happened?" "Not sure." Seto says "I remember a flash of light and when I woke up the sarcophages was gone." he says pulling her up. Noah's happy to hear the curse is gone, not so much Heather doesn't remember what happened "We'll take care of the final things and head back." she says "Just... be careful." Noah mumbles, but he's not super worried "I'll be fine Noah, you focus on other things." Heather says, well if the tomb entrance got blown up at least they wouldn't be able to enter it again, but still, Angel looked... familiar and it was bugging her a lot.