I then heard him whisper, was it what I thought it was?

.

.

.

That is not possible, of course. Given the dream, it must only be in my head.

I rubbed the small of his back and asked, "What's wrong? Are you ok?"

When he recovered, he turned to face me and said, "O-oh..yeah, I'm ok."

I could see that he was still visibly upset before I left for work. When I arrived at my workplace and sat down in my office, I sent a message to Raven every hour to see how Caius was doing, but all he said was that he was bothered by something.

Although I had something in my mind as well, I set it aside because Caius was more important. It was only a strange dream, after all.

*knock* *knock*

"Come in."

"I apologize for coming in so quickly, but someone very important needs to meet you, sir."

I furrowed my brow at him, but when the man entered, I realized he wasn't kidding.

"You could have just called, General Dunn, if there was a problem-"

He sat down in front of me and said, "I can't call you about this, General Claude, I know that right now the safest place to have this kind of conversation is here in your office."

He was correct; there is no recording allowed in my office. The most advanced intelligence system in my office keeps outsiders from hacking in.

"Lay it on me then, please." I outstretched my hand.

"The Ultima has been activated."

I fixed my gaze on him as I searched for any indication that he was telling me this merely as a cruel joke.

"I-I gave you the device before Klaus could activate it, so what do you mean??"

"Here's the confusing part, it wasn't the Ultima. It did what the Ultima could do, but to be precise, it was better. Instead, it seemed as if it was a device if ever the Ultima was designed to be flawless."

"So you mean to tell me, there's another machine out there that functions better than the Ultima and has been activated?"

"Yes, but our problem is that we can't locate where it is."

"Then how could you even figure out that there was a sort of device in the first place??" I stared at him, confused.

He explained that they had a system where they could detect if the Ultima was triggered and since the supposed machine had similar elements as the Ultima, they were able to detect it. He asked for my help to have Raven help out with this mission without being too obvious.

I told him that I will try but as much as possible, I preferred to not let my private life be involved with my work. 

-Third Person's POV-

As General Dunn was about to continue to explain to Claude what their plan was, he received an important call from the secretary of their country's President. He was called in for an important emergency meeting. 

Excusing himself, a helicopter came to pick him up. 

When he arrived at the office of the President, he was told to proceed to the Blue room, the most private and secure room in the whole governmental building.

"What have you done, General Dunn?" Their president stared at him angrily but it was mixed with a hidden expression of terror.

"M-May I ask as to what you mean, Mister President?"

Before he could have his answer, the large screen in front of them flashed. Then followed a voice, "Do sit down, Ryan Dunn."

"Who are you?!" He questioned the unfamiliar female voice.

"Just listen and sit down. I don't like threatening people." She said in a bored tone.

He hesitated but since the President was already sitting down, he listened.

"Good."

Then the screen emitted a bright light and extended what seemed to be a holographic figure. It soon formed a woman with Black hair and equally black eyes. She wore clothes that they have never seen before and stood confidently in front of them. The best way they could describe her clothing, it was futuristic.

"Before any questions, I am Everline Athena Wescott. The imperial princess to the New Great Imperial Britain. As to why I'm telling you my identity, I'd like to strike up an offer with you. Nevertheless, whether you agree or not, you will not be able to contact nor find me as I do not exist in your world. "

"Stop with this nonsense! Who are you?!" General Dunn pressed.

"*sigh* This is why I hate men like you." She sighed and walked near him. 

"Look here, Ryan Ferdinand Dunn. I know exactly where your wife and three children are right now. I know where all of your living relatives live and even what you ate for a month. I know all your dirty secrets no matter how filthy they are. Do. Not. Test. Me. If I told you that I'm not from your world then you better believe it or else I'll send a plague of the manhunters here and scatter them in your world then let's see.

She then flashed on the screen what her world looked like. It was far more advanced than they could have ever imagined but beyond their walls, they could see what looked like the undead walking.

"A-Are those zombies?!" The President exclaimed.

"Zombies? I suppose that's what they're used to being called but these are quite intelligent as they are technically not dead, and also they are somehow a mix of what you guys call a vampire."

"What..offer are you talking about?"

A smirk crept up her face then she sat down in front of them. 

"You know that something similar to the Ultima has been activated in your world, correct?"

They then nodded their heads.

"Well, as you may already suspect, I was the one who activated it. It is also not called Ultima. It's called something else but I don't need to tell you that. So here's the deal, I'll let you study this machine as long as you keep the list of individuals names I give you safe. Don't let them know and be discreet about it. I will not tell you the reason why I activated it in the first place but know that it isn't anything that would harm you."

"No worries, seeing as how advanced your civilization is I doubt you need anything from ours. First of all, how do we know that you are not lying?" The President questioned.

"I was wondering when you would ask that." She chuckled then suddenly the screen showed a map of where exactly they could find the said machines.

"...deal."

"I do excuse my outfit as I am wearing my armor since I have somewhere to be, good talk gentlemen. And by the way, make sure to leave them out of it. Even Claude Massoumbert. "

To be Continued . . .