03| 𝐻𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑦, 𝐽𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑦

A shirtless Y/N was sleeping in his room when his phone started to ring

A shirtless Y/N was sleeping in his room when his phone started to ring. He leaned over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"𝑌/𝑁, 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝐷𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛. 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑢𝑠 𝑏𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑀𝑖𝑘𝑒'𝑠 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑡 3:15."

"Alright, I'll be there."

"𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑠𝑠 𝑢𝑝 𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒."

Y/N looked at his clock and saw that he was indeed about to be late. With a grunt he hangs up the phone and starts to get dressed. He went down stairs and saw his aunt was already gone. He grabbed a PopTart and made his way outside. He got in his car and turned on the ignition.

~~~~~~

Hawkins High

Y/N was lucky and made it to class on time. He sat down at his desk which was behind Nancy's. Soon after Nancy came in and took her seat. She glanced at the desk next to her and saw it was empty. She turned around to Y/N, who was writing in his notebook.

"Hey, Y/N?"

He answered with a hum.

"Where's Barb?"

He looked up from his notebook.

"I don't know. She's usually early. She didn't call you?"

"No. You haven't seen her anywhere, at all?"

"Look, she probably just overslept. I mean, she was super tired yesterday."

She gave a smile trying to convince herself he was right.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're probably right."

Y/N nodded and went back to writing in his notebook.

~~~~~~

It was lunchtime and Y/N was sitting at the table with Steve, Tommy and Carol. Nancy made her way over and sat in between Steve and Y/N.

"That's why science doesn't make any damn sense to me."

Carol had her foot on the table while she was looking at a red spot on her ankle.

"No, I swear. Look at this, it's totally frostbite."

Steve and Y/N gave their pudding cups to Tommy. The focused their attention back to Carol.