Date #3 Brady

I was taken aback by the details of the third blind date. This one came with a gift box, tied with a red ribbon. 

  Honestly after the day I'd had at the hospital, I really don't want to even leave the comfort of my living room. Snuggled up in pajamas with hot chocolate and my favorite Christmas movie sounds more inviting than meeting another man.

  Joy waltzed into my apartment, large box in hand before thrusting it towards me. "You're gonna love this one."

  I arch my brow at her, completely unconvinced considering how horrific the first two have been. "Is he married?"

  She shakes her head, "no."

  "Does he have some type of Freud relationship with his mother," I pause before tossing in a little extra, "or his father?"

  "I doubt it. They're both dead."

  "Way to just toss that in there," I tease her, taking the outstretched box from her hand. "What exactly is this for?"

 Her smile is filled with mischief. "For your date tonight. There will also be a car to pick you up at seven."

  With a sigh I flop onto my couch, the box sitting in my lap. As I pull the ribbon I notice a small card release from the bow. "I'm sure this will only enhance your beauty." And then it's signed 'Brady Walker.'

  "How does he know?"

  "I may have shown him your photo." My eyes grow wide, and I huff a deep disgruntled sound. "I know, I know. Little unfair for you, but, I'll show you a photo of him if you want."  Before I can even answer she's already flicking through her photos.

  "Oh," I mutter, taking the phone from her hand. "Hello, handsome." Thinking my eyes could be deceiving me I blink a few times, causing Joy to laugh at me. Brady's green eyes are completely mesmerizing against his olive skin and jet black hair, the light stubble along his jawline adds to his mysterious look. "Already this is starting out better than the others."

  "Now, open the box and let's get you ready for a fairy tale dream date."

  Pulling the ribbon off completely I lift the lid to reveal folded tissue paper, hiding whatever gift he's giving me. Removing the tissue paper reveals a black dress, beautiful lace right off the bat. As I pull the dress out completely I gasp. It's incredibly short and quite revealing.

  "Wow," Joy's expression matches my own. But I have a strong feeling that she's not becoming overwhelmed by the lack of fabric in the same way I am. 

  "Uh, I can't," I start to mumble.

  Joy hushes me quickly. "Yes you can. And you will."

  "I'm going to be so uncomfortable."  My friend finishes latching me into the dress. No way I could've done the top by myself considering it's a corset. "This is so not me."

  "No one is saying you have to be this way, but it was a really kind gesture for him to gift you a dress. Think of it like Cinderella. I mean Brady could totally be your Prince Charming."

  I look back at my reflection. "Well, ole Cindy didn't show near as much skin. This looks like something more for a night at a club." And it dawns on me. Catching her eye in the mirror, "am I going clubbing?"

  "Sweetie, I honestly have no idea," Joy shrugs, unsure of what the rest of the date entails. 

  "And how do you know him?"

  She goes on to tell me that his family and her own family are long time friends in which they grew up together in diapers. Mentioned how his parents passed in a car accident about five years ago and it's been just him and his two younger sisters, both of which do not live in the Boston area, but much further south in the Miami sunshine.