chapter 9

"But daddy I don't want to go to school"! Dylan whined as I tried to explain to him that he was a big boy and would be starting school next week and couldn't spend all say with me anymore. "Dylan you have to go to school and be smart like mommy and daddy"! I stated "but I don't want to be smart I want to be with you"! Dylan whined "you will be with me after school and on weekends" I explained "but what if school is no fun and the teacher is mean and scary"? he asked it being obvious that he was nervous for his first day. "School will be lots of and you will love your teacher" I said reassuringly "promise"? "promise"! I repeated wrapping my pinky around his "now go play so I can get some work done" I said ruffling his hair before he took off to go explore another room in the house. His stubbornness was a trait he defiantly had picked up from his mother things always had to be her way she never wanted to be told anything and if you ever dare to say something lord help you because that women was feisty I chuckled slightly as I remembered demi and she stubborn ways and I couldn't help but let my mind drift as I started my work. 

* Flash Back*  

"No I don't want to go" demi whined as she buried back into her pillow "Demi come on you have to get up you have no choice you have to do this and if you don't get up and ready your going to make yourself late" I stated annoyed at demi's at the moment. Today demi was going to get a central lined placed in her chest a central line is a tube they place in a vein in your chest the tube runs from the inside of her chest and some if hangs back out it has three different ends ne is used to take out blood another for the chemo drip and another for any other medicines but demi was not too happy about this. "urgh fine"! demi huffed and she reluctantly got out of bed and headed toward the bathroom. It wasn't till I saw demi coming down the stairs that I noticed how much her appearance had changed she was much thinner now she was so thin that it was scary but it was obvious that she had lost quite a bit of weight although she was very pale to begin with she seemed to had become even whiter than usual and there was tried expression that she seemed to were on her face more often nowadays but to Wilmer demi was still the most beautiful women on earth but to the average person demi didn't look sick but Wilmer knew how bad demi was truly feeling in the inside demi wasn't a weak person so she never wanted to show any signs of weakness but sadly Wilmer knew this disease was killing her and it had barely started. " I don't want to leave you" demi whined and she held Dylan tighter "demi knew she would only be gone for three days but even when she was away from Dylan it felt like years three days was going to be torture but demi ha to do it because being gone for three days was much better than being gone for ever, demi sighed she wished Dylan was awake so he could at least see her before he was gone for the next three days but demi decided not to wake him being it was 9 am and he didn't want him to be cranky if she woke him up. Demi gave him a kiss on his forehead before she placed him in his crib. Wilmer was surprised when he walked into Dylan's room to find demi crying "Angel what's wrong" he asked worriedly " I just don't want to be away for so long" demi cried as Wilmer wrapped his arms around her waist "I know it hard but you have to do this so you can be here with the both of us for many more years" I said kissing her forehead and wiping her face free of tears. 

Demi had awaken from the minor surgery awhile ago and she was know standing in the mirror staring out the wire that was hanging above her breast and that when everything had came crashing down on her like a pile of bricks it finally had hit her to what was going on she thought she had came to terms with it already but this is when she truly realized what was going on she was dying! that's is why she going through all this because doctors will try anything to save her from the disease that was killing her and had already killed thousands of people the disease was going to kill her whether the chemo therapy would work or not there would always be a chance that she would still die and that's what hurt the most she couldn't believe that there was a chance that she could just be gone and out of Dylan's and Wilmer like she ha never existed and demi couldn't take that. Demi slid down a wall as she violently sobbed as the whole world came crashing down on her she couldn't believe that she had cancer and she was going to die although she had known for about 2 weeks now I finally hit her and she didn't know what to do. Wilmer was surprised when he walked into in demis room to find demi hysterically and shaking against the wall. Wilmer sat beside her and pulled demi into his lap "ssshh angel its okay everything will be fine" Wilmer said softly not bothering to ask what was wrong " how could you say that !!! how can you say everything's going to be alright?!! im dying Wilmer how can everything be okay when im dying"!!! demi cried violently sobbing into my chest I was trying so hard not to burst into tears at haring demis words things had barely started and she was already breaking what was she going to do when things got worse? "And how could you still love me with things thing hanging out my chest"? she cried revealing her central line from underneath her shirt "and how are you going to love me when im bald why would you love anyone whose sick and dying with no hair how could you ever love me the way you did before all this shit happened"!!!!!! demi yelled at me through her tears I pulled her closer to my chest and rubbed circles on her back trying to soothe her as she continue to sob violently " Demi I don't care what you look like because I was always love you no matter what tht would never changed you will still be the most beautiful women on this planet , and please stop talking like that dems your not going to die your going to live a long life with me and Dylan but you have to calm down and you have to go through with this chemo if not for yourself for me or if not for me Dylan please think about him remember this effects more than just you but I promise you are not going anywhere any time soon" I said as I kissed her forehead as demi sobs died down "thank you, you always no what to say I love you much" demi whispered "no problem angel I love you too and we're going to get through this" I said "baby im tried can you help to the bed"? demi asked weakly Wilmer got up and slowly lifted demi up and placed her the hospital bed giving her short peck on the lips before demi drifted off into her land of dreams. Wilmer buried his face in his hands as he sighed deeply he wanted to break down and cry right beside demi but he had to be the strong one he had to be the rock for everyone else he couldn't break he couldn't stress demi out any further than she was but who was going to be his rock who was going to be there for him? 

Wilmer chocked on a sob at the memory he only wished his promise to demi had came true he wished everything could of gotten better he wished that she was still here..........................................