chapter 7

Wilmer sighed and shook his head not wanting to remember the rest of that horrible day but that was a memory he just couldn't forget. Wilmer sat back in his chair looking at his sleeping child which only made the tragic memory come flooding back into his mind..

                                                                    *Flash Back*

Wilmer ha been sitting in the hospital for hours while doctors and nurses were constantly coming back & fourth from demis room running countless test and not telling him anything and Wilmer was becoming aggravated at the fact that no one was giving him any answers to why his wife had passed out and still hadn't awaken. As the doctor who had been running in and at of demis room came back Wilmer was finally able to stop him "excuse me can you please tell me what's going with my wife that you and a bunch of other people have been running in and out of here"!! Wilmer snapped "I'm sorry sir but I don't want to tell you anything until I get all the test results and I'm going to have to send her for an MRI once I get those results I rather wait till she wakes up tell you what's going on" the doctor stated , Wilmer just nodded upset the doctor didn't give him very much information but glad he at least knew a little bit of what was going on". After two more hours of waiting Wilmer notice demi was beginning to awaken. Demi was confused as she woke up and realized she was in a hospital before she could ask what was going on she felt a strong wave nausea hit her as she clamped her hand over her mouth Wilmer knew what was going on so he quickly brought the trash can over her held her hair back as she emptied the contents of her stomach into the trash he rubbed her back trying to sooth her as she dry heaved into the trash when she was done Wilmer placed the trash down and handed her a napkin to wipe her mouth. "what happened"? demi asked weakly "you passed out in the house he doctor should be here any minute to explain why" Wilmer explained stroking her hair. Soon a the doctor who would grow to be too familiar with them stepped into the room with papers in his hand "hello im doctor Gills he said he deep voice echoing through the room "well after a number of test I have figured out why you have been so sick" he said trailing off "okay what is it"? demi asked worriedly "umm im afraid I has some very be news" Dr.Gills said apprehensively demi swallowed the lump forming in her throat as she held on to Wilmer's hand tightly demi nodded slowly telling the doctor to continue "well Ms. lovato it seems you have reached the early stages of stage four lymphoma cancer" the doctor stated in that moment demi felt her whole world shatter she couldn't believe what she had just heard demi couldn't believe it what had she done to deserve this? why her? why know? that's all demi could think of as fat tears rolled down her cheeks "Well is there any treatment that can be done to try and stop the cancer"? Wilmer was currently trying to stay strong for demi although his heart was shattered he couldn't picture his life without his wife standing by his side. "Well ms.lovato type of cancer is called high grade  non-Hodgkins lymphoma which a very aggressive cancer and requires immediate treatment with a combination of chemo and radiation therapy there is a slight chance you could reach remission or still live a long life with the cancer although the chances are very slim and the process is very hard on the body you wont be able to work unless you reach remission" the doctor stated but demi didn't care about the cons she would do anything to try and fight her life not just for her but her husband and her son. The doctor continued to explain things to demi but she couldn't focus all she hear where the words you have cancer echo through her head. Soon the doctor left living demi and Wilmer alone for the night but he'd be back tomorrow so he could help demi deicide how she wanted to go through treatment. Wilmer spent the rest of the lying in the hospital be with demi hysterically crying into his shoulder it hurt Wilmer so bad that there was nothing he could but rubbed circles on her back ad whisper comforting thing into  her ear while trying to keep himself from breaking because right now he had to stay strong for his wife and his son if they were going to get through this.

And this why Wilmer will forever hate hospitals..................................................