Chapter - 2

The nurse came in with the phone and plugged it into the wall. She explained to Serkan how to dial an external line and left. He hoped that his mother would be alright. She had to be devastated, she had already lost one son. She probably thought he was dead too. Maybe he shouldn't call? No, that was stupid. She needed to know that he was alive.

Serkan dialed and waited.

Seyfi answered, "Bolat residence, how may I direct your call?"

"Seyfi?"

Seyfi whispered, "Serkan bey? Is it really you?"

"Yes, Seyfi. It's really me. Is anne there? Can I talk to her?"

"She's not home, she's with Eda hanim right now. I can give you her cell number if you want to call her on that? Or you can call Eda's cell."

Serkan didn't respond. He didn't know who Eda was. 

"Serkan bey? Are you still there?"

"Yes, I'm still here. Umm, Seyfi, not to be rude, but who is Eda hanim?"

Seyfi laughed at him, "That's funny Serkan bey. Did you just say who is Eda hanim?"

Serkan didn't say anything again.

"Are you kidding me? You don't know who Eda hanim is? Your fiancé? You don't remember your own fiancé?" Seyfi was incredulous.

Serkan was confused, "I'm sorry Seyfi? What are you saying? I don't know this person you're talking about!"

"Serkan bey, what are you saying?"

Now he was getting irritated, "Seyfi, the last I remember was being in London, I'm supposed to come back to Istanbul in a couple of months. I know I had an accident so it must have happened right before I came back. They told me that I was in an accident. I've been in a coma today is the first day that I'm fully awake."

"Serkan bey you did have an accident, but your accident happened in January. January 14th, 2021. It's now the first week in March of 2021, you've been missing for seven weeks. We've been searching for you for seven long weeks. I think you need to talk to your doctor."

Serkan was stunned. It wasn't March of 2020? He was missing a year of his life? "Seyfi, where is anne?"

"I already told you, she is with your fiancé."

"Well call her to the phone please so I can speak to her."

"I offered you her cell number, she's at your apartment."

"Can you walk over to the annex? I can wait."

Seyfi realized that Serkan didn't know that Aydan hanim could leave the house now, "Serkan bey, things have changed in the year that you are missing. Aydan hanim leaves the house all the time now thanks to Eda hanim, she's at your apartment in the city."

Just as he said that the door opened and Aydan walked in, "Seyfi, who are you talking to?"

He held out the phone to her, "Hello?"

"Anne?"

Aydan thought that she might pass out, "Serkan, my baby! Serkan, is that really you? Where are you? We should come get you, Edacim and I can be there today."

"Anne, I'm in Slovenia. Don't worry about coming, I already called Selin and she's on her way."

"SELIN???? Why would you call her? No Serkan, tell me where you are and I'll come there straight away!" shouted Aydan.

Seyfi leaned over and whispered to her, "He has amnesia, he thinks it's March of 2020."

Serkan heard Seyfi's whisper and his anne's shocked gasp and then her 'oh no, my poor sweet baby Eda'.