𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

"i like weed, what can i say?"

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

mara looked down as the rain pelted down on her as she waited awkwardly outside of nevermore considering her mother and father literally just dropped her off and didn't utter a single word to her, just got out of the car threw her suitcases on the floor and left. what lovely parents she had.

a tall women with red lipstick that you could see from a mile away approached her with a tight smile and an umbrella.

"you must be mara, i'm principal weems. let's get you sorted shall we?"

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

principal weems and mara walked along side eachother as weems showed her to her new roommate.

"does this place always look so dead?" mara asked out of the blue as they made themselves down a hallway.

weems breathed out a chuckle at this girls bluntness and bit her tongue before she could say anything witty to the girl.

"yes," she finally answered as she stopped in front of a door.

weems opened the door and walked in and waited for mara to step through. mara looked around and saw that there were three beds? one on the middle and two to the side. one side of the room was so colorful and the other was so sad and dull. the window was mara's favourite part, the reflection was pretty but the left side of the room honestly made mara want to rip out her eye balls and shove them in a blender but she bit her tongue, she wanted to make a good impression.

her thoughts were interrupted by principal weems speaking up, "this is mara nivola, she is one of your new roommates. mara this is enid sinclair also one of your roommates."

a girl with blonde hair and pink and blue dyed tips gasped and ran over to the girl and taking in her appearance. "hi! oh my gosh you're so pretty, can i paint your nails?"

"of course, only if the colour is maroon though, it's my favourite colour," mara responding smiling lightly.

"i can tell you girls are going to get along so well, mara the bed in the middle will be your bed and you luggages will be sorted very soon." weems smiled as she continued, "you girls can get yourselves sorted while i go fetch your other roomie."

mara gave her a tight smile and she walked out. enid smiled widely and grabbed mara's hand and dragged her over to mara's supposedly new bed.

"we are going to get along so well! we can gossip, make tiktoks and so much more!" enid claps her hands.

"we can gossip, but there is no way on hell i am making a tiktok," mara srunched her eyebrows in digust. even the though digusts mara.

enid pouted before asking, "so what are you?"

mara tilted her head in confusion, "what do you mean?"

"like are you a wold, siren, vampire, stoner? come on give me something!" enid pleads.

"you could've just asked that straight away dumbass, i thought you were asking if i'm like gay or something." mara laughs before continuing, "i'm a vampire slash stoner."

"slash toner?"

"i like weed, what can i say?" mara shrugs like it's no big deal but enid on the other hand is looking at the girl like she's stabbed one of her plushies.

"what?" mara looks at the girl but before enid could answer some men in suit come in with some suitcases drop them and leave. mara sighs in relief before walking over, she walks over, picks up two of the suitcases at a time and places them on the bed and starts unpacking.

enid looked pretty convinced that the suitcases were light, she was wrong. enid grasps the handle of the suitcase and tries to pick it up but fails miserably. it didn't even move at all.

"god what did you pack?" enid complains as she struggles to even lift it one millimetre.

"be careful with that suitcase, that has my fridge of blood bags," mara calls out to her as she desperately tries to find a powerpoint or whatever they're called.

enid gags and lets go of the handle rushes to find some hand sanitiser. mara chuckles in amusement as she hears enid panicking.

mara finally found one under behind the leg of her bed, she gets up from under the bed to a surprise of a short girl with two plaits, and most likley her parents behind the girl.

"it's so vivid," the short stubby guys speaks.

enid smiles and skips over to the family as mara mumbles some swear words under her breath probably something like 'please just end this already'. mara hated meeting parents.

"howdy roomie," enid smiles. mara stands beside her looking wednesday up and down, she has to admit, she was pretty cute for a goth girl.

"hey," mara says as she crossed her arms in front of her. wednesday started at her before weems spoke up.

"wednesday, the one with the blonde hair is enid sinclair, and the other girl is mara nivola"

mara could've sworn she saw wednesday's parents flinch ever so slightly at mara's name. she furrowed her eyes brows in suspiscion.

"are you feeling okay? you look a little pale," enid asks obviously concerned for the poor girl.

"wednesday always looks half-dead," wednesday's father answered the question.

"mood," mara says nodding.

"oh. welcome to ophelia hall!" enid smiles and opens her arms for a hug, wednesday backs away in digust as enid smiles sadly, "not a hugger. got it"

mara curls her hand into a fist and puts her arm forward infront of wednesday asking for a fist bump. wednesday looked at the girl confused, mara rolls her eyes and softly grabs wednesday's hand making sure not to alarm her and curls it up into a ball.

"a fist bump," mara grins as she puts wedneday's fist against her own. "see?"

wednesday interally smirked but didn't show it, she could already tell she was going to get along with mara.

the tall women behind her cleared her throat, "please excuse wednesday. she's allergic to colour."

"facts dawg," mara says.

enid on the other hand didn't think of it as a joke and she asks, "what happens to you?"

"i break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones," wednesday responds flatly.

"can i eat the flesh?" mara asks almost immediately.

"no mara, anways wednesday luckily we've special ordered you a uniform. enid, please take mara and wednesday to the registrar's office to pick both of their uniforms up along with their schedules, and give them a tour along the way."

mara internally curses at the thought of actually doing school work as she follows wednesday out the door with enid skipping behind her.

secretly mara was checking wedenday out, but no one will ever know.