Two-- That Flower Scented Letter

Chapter 2

MAVIS

I really don't know how much time have passed but it moves very slowly. Today is free time since it's still Valentine's Day, and it is getting more annoying than usual. Just looking at their stupid red-heart shaped boxes adorned with roses made my head coil. God, I can't wait to go home out of this what-I-called Armageddon.

I checked my phone if ever my mom and my brother sent me a text message, since they are the only people listed in my phone contacts. I read two of mom's messages regarding the grocery lists from last week and one message from my brother. He says that he grew tired of fetching me from my school again, because he's busy. And now I need to go home on my own this time.

Tch, big deal!

Who says that I'm waiting for that jerk to fetch me? I'm sixteen already and he apparently knows that too. And I even brought my own bike just in case he would say that. I hate him when he underestimates me. I'm not that little wimp he used to take care anymore.

To kill time, I took a nap for a few minutes, drew some doodles in my Biology book, then read two of my favorite books I brought from my home, 'Mrs. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' and 'Beautiful Creatures', but I'm still bored as ever. I checked the clock hanging on the wall next to the blackboard... 3 hours before dismissal.

Today's going to be a long day.

While waiting for the time, I heard two girls whispering to each other, "Hey, did you hear? Nathan broke up with Megan, just a few hours ago!"

"Eh? Why?" the other questioned in disbelief.

"I heard that he fell for another girl. I don't know who she is but it's her fault why she ruined our prom queen's life."

Miss Megan Beauty Suarez. From what I heard, she won last year's Homecoming Prom Queen. She's also one of the participants of the Art contest. Everyone said that she's rich, popular and beautiful and every guy likes to have a date with her. She's also known as the 'it' girl in our school, but I never knew that she has a boyfriend she just recently broke up with.

Why would I even care for that?

I snapped out from the thought. I stood up from my seat, grabbed my bag, and stepped out of the classroom. I continued walking, passed by screaming girls, bullies picking on nerds and next to my locker is some couple who were making out. The last one grossed me out, though.

I reached to my locker and when I opened it, a heart-shaped box of chocolate with a letter attached to it heavily fell down to the floor. I bent down to pick it up, and then I read the addressee written on the middle of the envelope,

'From your Valentine'

Hmm... Now, that's weird. I don't recall having a Valentine in my entire life. It seems that it's the first time that someone wrote a love letter for me. I thought of it first as a prank, but judging by the good handwriting and the sweet aroma from the chocolate, I think the one who gave me these was trying to be sincere.