Sleepover

Fun Fact: Kai wears quirk blockers at all times

~

'I can't believe you convinced your dad let you come to sleep over!' Hari smiled.

'Yeah, you can thank Poltergeist-Senpai for that one.' Kai said, 'He's the one who offered to steal from Flect Turn in exchange.'

'Steal what?'

'Ideo Trigger. The stuff is like, a million times more powerful than the American crap we get shipped in.'

'Oh shit.'

'Exactly.' Kai sighed, 'That's why I'm not allowed to use quirk enhancers. I lack control as it is, no way I could use it with more power than I already have... Sometimes I just wish... I didn't have this power.' He muttered, nervously messing with the drawstrings on his hoodie. The hoodie he wears with his villain outfit.

'Hey,' Kurono grabbed Kai's wrists and kissed his hands, 'It's okay, you'll get it. You're beautiful just as you are. I would never want you to change, in any way shape, or form. Okay?' He smiled.

Kai blushed, 'I- Okay... You're right.'

Hari kissed his cheek, 'Good, now c'mon, let's not waste what little time outside school we have together. Okay?'

'Okay.'

~

The two ordered Pizza for dinner. Hari ordered Pepperoni and Cheese since Kai had never had Pizza before. So those were the two safest options.

'Poltergeist wouldn't be happy with me eating like this...' He said.

'It'll be fine. It's one night, it's not like you'll die.'

Kai hesitated before nodding, 'Yeah you're right. I mean the world isn't gonna end because I ate something unhealthy.'

'Have you ever watched Anime?'

'Uh... I've seen a few episodes of Future Diary with Chronos?'

'Ah, he watches Yandere anime.' Hari shrugged, 'Mm, that tracks. Well, you wanna watch Saiki K? It's a comedy.'

'Uh... Sure. But... What's a comedy?'

'Oh Kai, you sweet child.'

'I'm older than you.'

~

Kai sighed as he finished drying his hair. One of Hari's little sisters, Hinata, spilled sweet tea on him. He had to shower because he felt sticky and gross.

Knowing Hari, he'd probably ask her to make him something or put his dirty clothes in the washer to make up for it. But he didn't want that honestly, just an apology would be fine. And she already apologized, so it was fine. He's not mad, wasn't mad in the first place.

But he was surprised to see Hinata crying when he left the bathroom. 'Is she okay?'

Hari stood up and whispered in his ear, 'She broke the quirk blockers by accident. She wanted to bring them to you, but she didn't know how fragile they are- Or were I guess.'

Kai looked at him with an emotion he's never really felt before. He didn't even know how to describe it. 'She fucking what.'

'I'm sorry... I didn't mean to.' She said.

Kai hesitated before patting her head, 'It's okay Hinata, it's not like they were irreplaceable. I bought them at a store for like ten yen, it's fine. Really.'

'Are you sure?'

Kai picked up the broken quirk blockers, he'd need to tell Poltergeist in the morning, 'I'm sure.'