3.

chapter three

chapter three

     Bowie had finally found her class for her botanical sciences class with her mom. She walked in as Marilyn was speaking and it cut Marilyn short.

"Hi Bowie. Glad you found it. You can take a seat next to Xavier." Marilyn offered her daughter the seat next to the boy. Wednesday and Enid were behind them and Bianca Barclay was to the left of them, who was staring daggers into the side of Bowie's head.

News travels fast at nevermore, courtesy of Enid and her blog. And everyone was talking about two things; Wednesday and Rowan, and Bowie and Xavier.

Wednesday apparently saw Rowan die last night but everyone saw Rowan alive this morning, who got expelled.

Everyone saw Xavier and Bowie hanging out last night at the festival as well as on the bus ride home. Bianca having a lot of strong feelings towards that, wasn't helping anyone.

"What'd I miss?" Bowie whispered to the boy who breathed out through his nose with a smile.

"Nothing you probably don't already know." Xavier jutted his head towards the front of the room where her mom was speaking, pointing to different plants and allowing Wednesday and Bianca to banter for a while.

After class, Bowie had gone on a search for Enid and eventually found her in the courtyard ordering girls around who were decorating a canoe. It was painted all black with different accents to it, mostly of cats.

"Enid!" Bowie called, jogging up to meet the girl who huffed and turned around. Her face changed quickly when she saw it was Bowie.

"Oh, I thought you were Wednesday again." Enid took a deep breath and her demeanour changed. "What's up Bowie?"

"I need you to leave me out of your blog please." Bowie sighed, her brows furrowing at having to ask Enid to stop doing something she liked. "I don't want to make a bad name for my mom, or to make it literally impossible to make any more friends."

"Okay. On one condition, you pick up a paintbrush and hang out with us. Your mom just ordered pizza. That way you can make friends right now." Enid smiled at the girl and picked up a paintbrush and held it out for Bowie.

Bowie took a deep breath and took the paintbrush from the blonde girl who she couldn't really say no too. She has welcomed Bowie in with wide open arms, and has listened to Bowie and respected her boundaries.

"Deal."

Bowie shrugged off her jacket and placed it off to the side and went and crouched down next to Yoko. Yoko smiled at her and started up a conversation with the brunette. After about an hour she could hear her mom calling out to everyone for pizza.

Bowie used the back of her hand to brush her hair off her face as her hands were covered in paint. She set the paintbrush down with all of the others and stood up properly while wiping her hands on a cloth. Enid came over and jumped a bit. "That looks awesome Bowie!" Enid turned to Bowie. "Can I hug you?"