𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 | 2

【𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐄/𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕】

...The door protested with a haunting creak as it reluctantly swung open, revealing an interior shrouded in a film of neglect. Dust particles floated in the air like ethereal whispers, yet the furniture, resilient to the passage of time, stood stoically in their original positions.

A stifled cough escaped my lips as I covered my nose with my hand, the unsettled particles triggering a mild irritation. The door abruptly closed behind me, eliciting an involuntary jump in response to the unexpected sound.

"[NAME]?" My voice reverberated through the desolate space, bouncing off the walls that seemed to absorb the sound. Silence lingered, and the absence of a response hung heavily in the air.

I ventured forward, each step on the wooden floorboards accompanied by a symphony of faint creaks, echoing the passage of time within these walls. The disquieting thought flirted with my mind-had they abandoned this place, breaking the promise of enduring friendship over the years?

Dismissing the apprehension, I continued my exploration, methodically moving through the rooms in search of any sign of [NAME]. As I entered their room, a wave of nostalgia washed over me. Framed on the cabinet was a picture of us, frozen in a moment of shared laughter, a testament to the cherished memories we once created.

Seating myself on the bed, I allowed my fingers to trace the contours of the familiar mattress, its softness recalling a bygone era. A smile crept onto my face as the room enveloped me in a comforting embrace of reminiscence.

Upon leaving [NAME]'s room, my eyes were drawn to an object resting on the dining table, a lone sentinel in the muted surroundings. I approached it with a mixture of curiosity and trepidation, eager to unravel the mysteries concealed within the abandoned abode.