Chapter 3

A/N: Thank you so much, guys. Your excitement for this fic is contagious and loving all your comments. Buckle up for another chapter. More action *muah*

Jimin curled into a ball inside his makeshift nest, clutching his stomach

Jimin curled into a ball inside his makeshift nest, clutching his stomach. His eyes stung as his heart clenched. He nuzzled into the sheets instinctively missing the scent he longed for. The oil diffuser did its best to drown him with his favorite rosewood and cardamom, but it wasn't enough.

The hotel room was luxurious and comfortable, but it wasn't home. This wasn't his nest. He sniffled as he tried to get comfortable.

Taehyung stayed with him until a few hours ago before leaving to give him some much-needed privacy. Jimin had taken off his clothes, lying only in his boxer briefs.

Preheat was messing with his emotions and making his skin itchy. The scentless blankets were soft, but it wasn't what he preferred.

An omega's heat only grew worsened with age. He was in his prime where he should have been already mated and with an alpha. Spending heats without an alpha by his side only made everything worse. The world was now advanced and they had heat suppressants, but that often came with side effects.

For Jimin, it not only messed with his hormones once he weaned off his suppressants but also send him into phantom heats unexpectedly in the middle of nowhere. It also took a huge toll on his emotional health.

The painkillers never worked on him during his heat. So the upcoming heat was stressing him a lot. If he was going to spend it alone, he at least wanted to be in his nest at the safety of him home. But home wasn't a safe place anymore. Tears burned his eyes at the memory.

His home was breached and his nest was desecrated. He had cried when he found, which was another cause for his current mental state. Taehyung had held him but it wasn't enough. His omega howled in his mind. It was devastated. He buried his face into the pillow with a gut wrenching sob. Everything was too much.

His father wanted to move him elsewhere, but he refused. He didn't want to be anywhere else. As he lay there, he replayed his conversation with Taehyung. His cousin was right. They won't be able to hide this for long. Soon they would find out.

***

"Uncle."

Jaehyun looked up from his phone at Seokjin. "Yes."

"The Jeons agreed to meet with us today." He glanced at his wristwatch. "We have to be there in an hour."

Jaehyun frowned. "That's fast." He stood. "I'll ask my secretary to clear my schedule for the day. Where are we meeting them?"

"In their mansion." Seokjin turned to lead the way. "It's a forty-five minute drive if the traffic is light. Taehyung is joining us."

"Oh, where is Namjoon?" he asked, pocketing his phone.