𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Start from the beginning

Maverick looks away, "nothing"

"Is this why you didn't want to see me? Because of how your face looks?" Maxine asked, touching his scruffy cheek, making him look at her, "I've seen worse. And I would never judge you"

"I'm sorry I turned you away. I didn't want to" Maverick says, cupping Maxine's cheeks and leans in for a kiss.

"I could've helped you, Mav. With anything you need" Max smiles, "I'm cool like that"

Maverick chuckles, "you're cool like that huh?"

"Hmm" she smiles, leaning into another kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. Maverick tucks some of the detective's hair behind her ear and asks, "so, this guy you're on a date with.."

Maxine raises an eyebrow, "is someone jealous?"

Maverick wraps his hand lightly around her throat, making Maxine smirk. Maverick could feel himself grow inside his boxer briefs and a low groan escaped his lips, "what are you doing to me, pretty girl?"

Maxine felt butterflies in her stomach, the rush that she felt around him was more than she felt on the job, "What do you want me to do to you, pretty boy?"

Maverick sucks in a breath, he didn't understand how she made him feel like this. No woman has ever made him feel such a rush. Maxine hooks her leg around his hip. Maverick slides his hand up her bare leg and up the slit of her dress, slipping his hand under the waistband of her panties and squeezing her waist.

Maxine's lips part and maverick smirks, "you'd wish I'd go lower huh?" And Maxine frantically nods her head, "soon, pretty girl. Not going to let your first time with me be in a men's room" then he goes to unlock the door and walks out.

Maxine just stood there in shock, she then gathers herself together and slowly leaves the mens room without being caught and makes it back over to her table.

"Everything okay?" Jay asked, taking a bite of his bread. Maxine nods, "Mhmm"

"I ordered you your favorite"

"Chicken parm?" She asked and Jay nods his head, "thank you" then she looks down, feeling guilty.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine, Al, Antonio, Kevin and Adam run down the hall of the west wing of Chicago Med and they meet up with Roman and Burgess, who are next to the body of one of their own.

"Ross McCadden. Six years on the job" Kim informs the group and Max lets out a faint, 'oh my god'.

"He was my homeroom instructor at the academy. We were really good friends. I just talked to him" Adam sighs, "Somebody tell Jenny, has his wife been notified or.."

"Yeah. A street deputy and peer support team went to their house" Sean answers. Adam kneels down next to the body and takes the tarp off from over his face.

"Lewellen" Al says and Max, Kevin, and Antonio follow Sean into Lewellen's hospital room, where he was also shot.

"Fire alarm was pulled right around the time of death" Roman informs them, "Security guard walked up right when a guy wearing a hoodie and a ball cap was walking away"