Honeymoon Period

For the next few weeks, maybe even a month, the two of you are basically inseparable. Whether it was out in public, or just cuddling at home, the two of you were hand-in-hand.

You had worried about public perception, especially since you were still relatively new at the company. Having the hots for your boss was a less-than professional look, and you were now dating her.

But you werent the only one you had been worried for. Rae could get some slack for being seen out with you romantically. With context maybe not so much, but it wasn't very often that the public eye ever considered the real context or reality at hand.

But none of that seemed to matter all too much. Rae loved you, and you sure as hell loved her back. Neither of you would let others impede on your relationship, especially some of the overly parasocial stans Rae seemed to have (totally not calling myself out).

It also helped that you'd become relatively invisible when the two of you were out and together. As it turns out, people tend to recognize Rae a whole lot more than some random videographer... Who woulda thought.

One day, the two of you decided to go out to the mall for the day, deciding to get a bite to eat afterwards. Little did you know, but things were about to get...interesting.

At the mall, the two of you bounced from store to store as she made you try on just about everything that met her eye.

"Biege looks so good on you..." she says, holding out a beige-in-color shirt with a LA-based design on it.

"Are you sure thats biege," you ask, "looks a bit dark..."

"Basically the same thing, Y/n... Care to try it on?" She pleads.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be back..." you say, grabbing the shirt from her and walking off to the dressing room.

While inside, you take off your shirt before hearing a light knock at the door.

"Hey, I've got a call I gotta answer. I'll be outside, okay?" She says.

"Sounds good. Meet you out there."

You grab the shirt up and fit it over your head. It fits just perfectly on your body, so you take it back off to go check out.

It was a bit pricier than you'd usually go for, but Rae had lended you her credit card, so the financial burden felt less stressing. Who knew you'd find yourself a sugar mommy out in LA.

After checking out, you exit the store to make way to the first floor and outside to her car. On your way, you feel your phone begin to buzz inside your pocket.

Pulling it out, you notice your mother calling and answer the phone.

"Hello?" You say.

"Hiii. How are things?"

"Thing's are great, mom. Just got done shopping for clothes. You need anything?" You ask.

"Well, I was just checking up on you... but there was this one thing..." she says.

"Yes?"

"I saw a few pictures online of you with that Rae girl and you guys are... adorable! Please tell me everything."

"Mom, what do you mean you saw pictures online?"

"On Twitter. Why? Are you guys trying to stay a secret?"

"Well, we were... I'm just hoping people arent too upset..."

"Honey, you have nothing to worry about. From what I could tell, everyone adores you too. Im just proud of you, Y/n. She's a cutie"

"I appreciate it mom. I love you. I'll call you back later, okay?"

"Okay honey, bye bye..."

You hang up and hurry to join Rae outside. As it turns out, the two of you had both recieved news of the publics new interest in your relationship.

Inside the car, she says:

"Ugh, I wish I could just... exist for once without all these eyes on me."

You place a hand on her shoulder, asking:

"Should I ask how pissed some of the exec's were or is that a bad idea?"

"Surprisingly, they actually let me make my own love decisions. Even Twitter seems overall positive, I just wish my relationship wasn't the center of everyones attention."

You nod your head, "It's none of their business..."

"Exactly!" She says.

"I agree, Rae. But I don't think privacy is much of an option anymore, sadly"

"Yeah... I know..."

"But we don't have to go public with this. We can let the rumors be just that, rumors. Just let us enjoy this for ourselves..."

She nods, but quickly changes her mind.

"You know what, no! We're together and I'm so insanely happy about it. I want everyone to know, I want people to know that I am in love with you. Who cares anymore..."

"Is that what you want? I'm with you no matter what, Rae..."

"Yeah, it is..." she says, genuinely.

"Wow..." you say, "Theres going to be alot of angry men in my dms..."

She chuckles.

"You better prepare yourself bud!"

Ew, "bud."

Later, at home, You and Rae found a cozy spot to cuddle on her couch, watching TV.

"I had fun at the mall today. Who knew my boyfriend was so cute..." she jokes.

"First off, my girlfriend is cuter, and also, I had fun too." You say, smiling.

She plants a short kiss on your lips before getting up yo head to the bathroom, allowing you to check your phone for a minute.

You hadn't glanced at your text messages in a bit, mostly due to the high number of them. This "honeymoon period" with Rae was certaintly wonderful, but you'd forgotten to message back any of the other girls in your life.

You'd been so preoccupied that you'd basically ghosted everyone else. Obviously, Rae was your girlfriend, but you still had these feelings and felt you were sorta undermining the whole "open relationship" thing.

In your messages, you see Poki at the top. Checking her messages, you notice that she had been trying to get you to come over for sex, but you had been silent, so she messaged back, worried.

The story was the same for Brooke, and similar with Neeko. You even noticed a few messages from some new numbers, some new girls seemingly interested.

"Hey, its Leslie. I don't think we've really got the chance to hang out at all yet. Lemme know if you're ever free soon 🖤"

You answered back to everyone first, apologizing. They all responded quickly and all seemed fine, but you knew you'd have to work to make up for ghosting them.

Next, you respond to Leslie, letting her know you would be free in a few days. She messages back and the two of you make plans to hang out at her place.

Rae comes back from the bathroom and the two of you go back to cuddling for the next couple of hours.

That night, while laying in bed, you once again check your phone. You send a few messages before noticing one in particular, one lone dm on Insta.

Andrea Botez.

"Huh." You mutter.

She asked about you coming over to play chess for a stream. Since you'd recently started streaming and with the explosion of new followers after your relationship went public, Andrea  probably saw this as a good oppurtunity to tap into a new audience.

Or maybe, just maybe, she found you as hot as you found her, or even close.

You message back, making plans for the next morning. She agrees and you lay back to head to bed.

Rae soon joins you, laying right beside you. With an arm around her waist, the two of you slowly fall asleep...