053. groups of seven

Start from the beginning

"Hey, I appreciate you guys giving me a little quality time with the Doublemint twins."

"Yeah, no problem."

"Really? Well, I got to say, I was expecting a weary sigh or an eye roll, something."

"No, not at all. You deserve to have a little fun."

"Well, I am in violent agreement with you there. What's Bobby got?"

"Not much. A crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Uh, could be demonic omens--"

"Or could just be a bad crop and a bug problem."

"Yeah, but it's our only lead."

"Any freaky deaths?"

"Nothing Bobby could find. Not yet, anyway."

"It's weird, man. I mean, the night the devil's gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?"

"17."

"17. You'd think it would be Apocalypse Now, but it's been five days and bubkis. What are the demons waiting for?"

"Beats me."

"It's driving me crazy. I tell you, if it's gonna be war, I wish it would just start already."

"I don't know, man. Be careful what you wish for." Sam says.

Dean glances in the rearview mirror seeing Natalie slouched down and asleep and Ophelia also asleep, but she's sitting up, cuddling into her aunt's side.

"Yo, fix their blanket." Dean quietly says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Fix the blanket. Make sure it covers both of them." Dean orders.

"Okay." Sam mumbles, reaching back with his free arm to cover his sister and niece with the blanket. Sam turns back to Libby, making sure her blanket is covering her.

"Since when do you let a four year old ride in the front seat?" Dean asks.

"Cause she freaks out whenever I'm not holding her." Sam says.

"You could ride in the back." Dean suggests.

"I was going to. Those two are hard to wake up." Sam says.

"Yeah. Yeah, man, sometimes I wish I could sleep that heavy." Dean says. "Man, we could set the motel room on fire, they still wouldn't wake up."

"What?" Sam asks.

"Well, I-- I'm just saying, you could do absolutely anything, they wouldn't wake up." Dean says.

"I'm gonna need any lighters or matches you have." Sam says.

"Oh, dude, I'm not gonna set anything on fire. Relax." Dean says.

+++

They pull up to the house that Bobby told them to meet at. Dean parks, seeing Jacob and Larissa with Bobby. The Winchesters get out of the car and Ophelia is eating her donut. Sam holds Libby who is eating her own donut.

"Hear those cicadas?" Sam asks.

"That can't be a good sign." Dean says.

"No. No, it can't." Sam agrees. They walk up, the other three meeting them halfway.

"So, we're eating bacon cheeseburgers for breakfast, are we?" Bobby asks Dean who is eating said food.

"Well, I, uh, I ain't sweating the cholesterol. Life's too short." Dean says, making sure he doesn't accidentally mention the deal.