May I Experiment On You?

During Aether's latest travels to Sumeru, he received a letter from Albedo. During his travels, he kept in touch with his friends in Inazuma and Mondstadt by writing letters.

It had come to the alchemist's attention that the traveler had recently journeyed to Sumeru and had acquired new elemental abilities from the god of Dendro.

Albedo, being Albedo, desired to study Aether once again.

He hoped to gain insight not only for himself, but also for Aether's body, which could access the various elements without the need for a vision.

Aether packed up his things as Paimon read the letter.

____________________________________

"My dear traveler,

I have heard of your recent travels to Sumeru as well as the new elemental skills that you have obtained.

In relation to your physical connection to the world and your newly acquired abilities, I have decided to conduct a second study to further understand the ways in which your body interacts with the natural elements.

After your latest journey in Sumeru, I would appreciate it if you could visit me in Dragonspine. I will reimburse you for the cost of your travel.

In addition, I would like to request that you not bring Paimon, as this will be a much more personal examination.

I hope you understand and that I can count on you to honor my request."

___________________________________

Paimon threw the letter down on the ground as she huffed angrily, "What?! What does he mean by not bringing Paimon!? What could be so personal about this exam?" Paimon crossed her arms as she looked to Aether for an answer.

He smiled apprehensively and tried to calm her down. "Albedo wouldn't ask if he didn't think you would be uncomfortable during the exam. I promise that I won't be away for too long. I'll bring you a sticky honey roast from Good Hunter when I get back."

Paimon cheered up after she heard that she would be bribed with food. "Well- OK! As long as you tell Paimon what happened, alright?" She rubbed her head, as she usually did when something worried her.

Aether smiled and nodded in agreement with Paimon. He finished packing before checking out of the hotel room they were using to rest while in Sumeru and began walking towards the city gates to the edge of the city.

They began walking to the teleport waypoint that would take them to their next destination. Aether thought about how long it had been since he had been to Dragonspine.

He felt guilty that he hadn't visited Mondstadt in such a long time and wondered if he would have the chance to see all of his friends again.

Mondstadt is a beautiful and quiet city, and a lot of his friends were there whom he hadn't seen since he left to explore the distant corners of Teyvat. However, he had been so wrapped up in Inazuma, Liyue, Watatsumi, the Chasm, and now Sumeru that he had lost track of time.

Paimon looked over at Aether. He seemed to be deep in thought. For someone who always had such a blank face, he wasn't very adept at hiding when he felt guilt. "Hey Traveler, what's your favorite food that we've had so far in Sumeru?" She asked to hopefully take his mind off things.

"Personally, Paimon really liked the lambad fish roll from the Sumeru City Tavern." She drooled as she thought about eating it again.

He pulled himself away from his thoughts. He was caught off guard by Paimon's question but tried to think of an answer.