ɪ. | ᴀ ᴡᴏᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴀʟ

"This'll be good for you, you'll see

"This'll be good for you, you'll see."

Nora peeked from the window where she had her head resting against the cool glass, leveling an unimpressed stare at the back of Brandon's head. She laughed humorlessly, shaking her head, and turned back towards the outside. She was being shipped off from her home — if you could really call it that, she mused quietly to herself — to a school full of outcasts called Nevermore. She knew this decision had nothing to do with her wellbeing or, god-forbid, her happiness. It was a decision by the Elders of her town to send her away in fear of who she was, what she could do.

Surely a school of freaks like herself could fix her.

She scoffed at the thought.

People feared what they did not understand, she knew.

It didn't make it any less hurtful.

Not the way her parents had stared unblinkingly, not a trace of sadness or remorse in their gazes as they watched her pack her bags and climb into the car with Brandon — her escort — to be shipped off to a school far away from their home.

She had been removed.

And her parents did nothing but watch on quietly.

But, Nora thought to herself, she should've known it would happen eventually. Ever since the first night her powers came to light, when they realized what she could do, what she had the control over. They feared her and her power. The power to move things without touching them, the power to send a grown man flying with a wave of her hand and red sparks of wispy mist trailing along her fingers.

It didn't take long for others to find out.

Some called her gifted by the Devil himself.

Others called her a freak.

But the word she heard most was witch.

Nora chuckled lowly in her throat and held her hand out in front of her, dark green eyes tracing her fingers as she let her power surge gently up her veins and into her hand, red coating her skin quietly, calmly.

She glanced at Brandon in the corner of her eye to see him peeking at her through the rear view mirror, face going ashy at the display of her power, throat bobbing as he swallowed harshly.

She grinned to herself and let the power die out, eyes casting back to the window.

Witch, indeed.