𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

Start from the beginning

Not only was it Kakuchi, but the crows that guided them were swapped as well. According to one of Kakuchi, the master's mansion had an even more complex route to get to.

Thank the world for smart people. Tanjiro thought.

Of course, Tanjiro being the sweet boy he always was, he thanked them for taking him and caring for him. Which always made them feel all warm and fuzzy inside; what a kind boy he was.

"Alright, I'll take this off now."

The red head felt someone grab the blindfold and untie it from behind, he adjusted his eyes to the bright light and gasped in awe. The village was huge! The houses almost reminded him of the ones in the Red Light District, but an extra third floor being added. The place was surrounded by thick oaks and evergreens. Some of the houses were even built on top of large stones and boulders.

"Whoaaaa! These buildings are amazing!" He gawked. "I know this smell... there's a hot spring nearby!"

"Indeed there is." The last Kakuchi tapped his shoulder. "You'll see a large house when you turn left over there. Make sure you greet them."

They both bowed to one another and Tanjiro thanked him greatly.

┌───͙⊱••✩••̩̩͙⊰•───┐

"Hello there!" A small man sat on a cushion with a familiar mask on with two larger men sitting next to him. "I am chief of this village, Tecchin Tecchikawahara, it's nice to meet you."

"I may be the smallest in my village, but I also am the best at my craft. Now, bow your head so low it touches the floor.

Tanjiro bowed down for the third time now today. "I am Tanjiro Kamado, I'm honored to meet you!"

The small man smiled behind his mask. "What a good boy you are. Come here and have some dough cakes." He held a basket up with the delectables inside.

Tanjiro thanked him again in excitement. To be standing the presence of someone with such honor and high title in a village was a sweet privilege for anyone to have. And he was lucky to have been able to be here.

"Tell me, boy, why have you come to my village?"

"Oh." He munched on a dough cake. "I wanted to talk to Haganezuka about my sword."

"Oh, Hotaru has gone missing as of late. We're doing our best to locate him."

"Hotaru?" The red head questioned. Not originally knowing his full name.

"Yes, Hotaru Haganezuka."

"What a cute name."

"I am the one that gave it to him after all. But he keeps badmouthing me since he says it's too cute." The little man stated. "He always been like this since he was a young one. He always throws tantrums, then he runs off somewhere. I apologize for that."

"No it's me! I always end up breaking or chipping my sword."

"No it's not." Tanjiro looked at him for a second. Wondering why it hadn't been his fault for breaking the swords.

"It's his fault for creating swords that could actually break."

One of the larger men growled and waved his arms in the air with frustration. Yelling that Hotaru would pay for his actions. Tanjiro urged him not to be so violent.