*+*CHAPTER 9 || AN UNFAMILIAR FACE*+*

Notes: Double update today beacuse I love you.
Also look who's here, Omg! It only took 9 chapters and 2 months to work over but he's here, you guyss

---

There was a lot of things Hanagaki Takemichi expected to wake up to.

First one was at his work place in that block buster movie store that he always seemed to be fond of no matter what timeline, a higher up member of a criminal organization or otherwise.

The next was either Naotos or his own apartment,... whereever that was he has a very strong feeling it was still that tiny second floor room that he had in the first timeline which if he's being honest with himself, he misses quite a lot.

Takemichi had expected a lot of other scenarios but a bathroom and a guy pissing on one of the urinals behind him was not one of them.

Despite the situation, he tears up anyways, placing a hand on his cheek at the realization that he really is back, back to where he's supposed to be.

'Naoto... is alive!'

The exciting moment only lasts for a minute as he noticed his attire. He blinks, wondering why he's in a Tuxedo when his thoughts were interupted by the sounds of bells.

His face flushed a prominent blush, remembering the proposal he just did a few minutes ago in 2006 before he's running out, shoes skidding against the tiles as he looks around.

"You're late!" A familiar voice calls out and he pauses, body stiffening as he sheepishly turns to Hina, a hand on her hips and a sigh leaving her lips.

"The wedding reception has started!" She tells him hurriedly and he only gets a moment of processing everything before he's being dragged by the elbow.

He lets out a dumbfounded 'Huh?'.

"We can't make the groom wait any longer, can we!?"

"Groom!?" He exclaimed, confusion clear in his tone and Hina gives him a funny look as she specified who exactly was being wed and the name that leaves her lips unfamiliar that it only left him with more questions than answers.

"Come on, be quick!"

Takemichi felt dizzy from all the new information being thrown onto him and the next thing he knows they're entering a fancy ballroom, round tables filled with guests occupying them.

"You're late, Takemichy."

'Huh?' He thinks again. He's been doing that a lot right now, he notes.

"Hurry, grab a seat." Another tells him and he breifly recognizes it to be Chifuyus.

A spotlight shines on the couple and only then does Takemichi sees the groom and his eyes widened in surprise.

'You mean Pahchin!'

Overhelmed, he stands there all teary eyed as Pahchin thanks the crowd for coming before ackwardly going off about how nice the weather is which confuses but thrills him nontheless.

His eyes slid themselves over to Kazutora teasingly asking him if he was a weather forecaster which sets off the grooms best man to defend his friend, something about Pahchin having his brain dried up.

The chaotic scene makes another round of tears to cling to his lashes and his bottom lips quivered, alarming the peach haired woman.

"What's wrong?" Hina asks softly from his side, a gentle smile plastered on her face.

A smile made its way to his own lips, a single tear running themselves down his cheek and a breathe of relief leaves his chest like a weight was being lifted off of his shoulders .

"I just can't believe it..."

---

Takemichi can't stop smiling.

During the cake cutting, Hina and everyone else that knew about his timetraveling shenanegans has welcomed him home and he couldn't be happier.

Recounting what everyones doing nowadays was the most joyful that he has felt in a while (except for the part where Kazutora had aggresively asked him what he was looking at, the man still scares him) and Takemichi doesn't think that there is anything else that can ruin it.

"Hina, come quick! Yumi's going to throw her Bouquet soon!" A voice, this time one he doesn't recognize calls out for his Fiance, clear excitement in her tone that Takemichi can't help but to search for it.

Wide blue eyes settles on a woman wearing a soft blue dress that reaches the lower parts of her knees, a single hand waving Hina over towards the bottom of the sets of stairs the bride propped herself at the very top on.

Takemichi blinks, confused as Hina left his side to skip over to the growing crowd of ladies, giddy hands waiting to catch the brides pretty bouquet and wanting to have luck on their side for when they themselves get married.

The black haired man panics when they made eye contact, quickly looking away in hopes that she didn't notice his staring.
He panics even more when he noticed from his perephirals of her moving figure heading towards his direction and he silently wishes that she's going for someone else.

Just as he was about to move away from his spot, she calls out his name.

He stiffens, body straight as his neck ackwardly turns to her direction.

The (h/c)-haired woman laughs, glossy lips stretched into a friendly smile as she settles on his right side, hands behind her back before turnjng her attention to the gathering for the bouquet catching.

"Are you excited?"

He flinches at the sudden question, a strained smile on his face. "Huh?"

There it is again.

"This is going to be you and Hina in 3 months, have more enthusiasm! You're still measurring out your wedding attires with Mitsuya, aren't you?"

Not really knowing what to do, he instead went along with her despite not getting a full grasp of the fact that he himself was getting married with a nod and a stuttered out: "Y- yeah." And he doesn't say anything after that.

Takemichi feels a stare boring onto the side of his head and he turns to the unknown woman beside him, a questioning look on her eyes and he feels like he's not acting like he's supposed to around her.

"What's wrong? You're being unusual." She says just as the bride Yumi prepares to throw, squealing out in excitement as she turns her back on the ladies below her.

The messy haired man straightens, briefly making eye contact with Draken and Chifuyu not too far from him and the Petshop owner gives him a confused look at his behavior towards one of their closest friends.

"Uh-- I'm sorry but--" He starts, training his gaze back into the woman wearing blue, trailing off the slightest bit when Yumi threw her bouquet in the air.

At that same moment, the tattoed male realized what was going on and headed straight for him but before he could even get a word out the damage has already been done with 3 measely words.

"-- Who are you?"

Hina catches the bouquet.

"Huh?"