Chapter Four

A man across the street sees what is happening and calls the police and ambulance. Minutes later the police and ambulance comes. A policeman tackles the man with the gun, and put him in handcuffs. The paramedics runs to Donna who is holding Gerard in her arms. The paramedics slowly picks up Gerard and puts him on a gurney. They rush Gerard to the ambulance. They see that Gerard got shot in the stomach. Paramedics comes running to me. They see I am cut in the head and blood is rushing out. They put a towel on my head and add pressure to stop the bleeding. They put me on a gurney and rush me to the ambulance.

Gerard and I gets rush to the hospital. Donna and Donald follows closely behind. The doctors rushed Gerard for surgery. The doctors rush me to the emergency room. The doctors remove the bullet from Gerard's stomach and stitch him up. The doctors stitch the cut in my head and test my blood to know what type I am. The doctors walks into the hallway.

"How are they?" Donna asked.

"Gerard is fine, we got the bullet out of his stomach. We are going to keep him over night just in case. Elizabeth lost pints of blood and have brain damage. We have to keep her for probably weeks. She might not make it," doctor said.

Donna and Donald burst into tears. They try to stop and walk into Gerard's room. Gerard sits up with a big smile on his face.

"Hello sweetie, how are you feeling?" Donna asked.

"I feel fine," Gerard answered. "How is Elizabeth?"

"She lost a lot of blood and have brain damage, she might not make it."

Gerard starts bursting into tears, and Donna and Donald joins in. They all hug it out. Donna and Donald has to leave, so they drive back home. Gerard, still crying, lays down and tries to sleep.

I am still in a coma. I am standing in darkness with no escape. I can not see anything. As I turn around, I see Devil standing right behind me. I jump backwards with fear.

"What? You aren't happy to see you father?" Devil asked.

"How? What? Why? Where am I?" I asked with a lot of questions going through my head.

"You are in a coma. You are supposed to be dead, but remember when I told that you would still have some of your powers? One of them is never dying. You still want to live in this mortal world and be mostly mortal?"

"Yes, I do. I am not giving up. I can do this."

"Okay, if you say so."

A burst of flames appear then disappear with Devil. I wake up from my coma. A night shift nurse sees me awake. She drops the tray she was holding, and runs to a doctor.

"She is awake," the nurse said.

"What? That is impossible," the doctor said.

The doctor and nurse starts running to my room. They enter my room and sees me awake. The doctor did some tests on me. I am healthy, nothing is wrong with me.

"How can this be?" the doctor asked.

"Must be a miracle," I said.

"You suppose to die, it is impossible for anyone to survive that and be this healthy after. Something is up and I am going to find out. You are not normal."

The doctor walks back to a office. He takes out my file and looks at it. Years ago, I got put in the hospital because someone thought I was sick. This was when I was immortal, I was a vampire so pale skin and blood red eyes. When I was in the hospital, I smelled all the blood and turn into a demon. I drank a lot of blood and killed many patients. I am banned from all hospitals.

My file does not tell the story. The file says I am a demon and ban from all hospitals and super dangerous. The doctor walks back to my room. There is fear in his eyes this time. He enters and close the door behinds him. He leans up on the door.

"So you know?" I asked.

"You are evil," the doctor said with a trembling voice.

"What happened years ago will not happen this time. I am being a mortal for ten years."

"If you are mortal then you should be dead by now."

"I am not 100% mortal. I can never die. But I am not a vampire or demon. I am not going to kill anyone, I am not going to drink any blood."

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise. I am completely harmless."

"Only for ten years?"

"Yeah, in ten years I am back to that demon."

"In the morning, you can go home with Gerard."

In the morning, Donna and Donald takes Gerard and me home. They all are happy that I am healthy, and can go home. We get home, Gerard and I open the door, and we see a surprise welcome home party. Mikey is crying with tears of happiness. We all do a group hug.