ϟ 27 | Solution or comfort?

Three weeks. It's been three weeks since the war. Life for fellow witches and wizards have been the most calm in years. The winter is now transitioning into spring as April begins in a week. Harry silently takes a sip of the tea Mrs. Weasley's brewed him as he waits for the sunrise. Harry breaths in the morning crisp air into his lungs. Not a single letter was sent his way from Draco or Y/N. He wonders if something must've happened. 

Has Y/N not waken up? Or has Dobby been caught during the attempts of delivering the letters? Harry has no way of finding information of the events occurring in the Malfoy Manor. The only thing Harry can do is be patient. It's not the first time that he's hardly received any update from Y/N. The girl would go weeks during summer vacation forgetting to update Harry. 

But that was for other reasons that he's now aware of. Y/N was busy being a Death Eater. She must've been frequently watched. A frown twitches onto Harry's face when he remembers the fact that Y/N is or was apart of the Death Eaters. His very own enemy was much closer to him than he realized. Despite telling himself this, Harry still has a soft spot for Y/N. 

He should be angry. He should be heartbroken. Harry should lose any love for Y/N but it seems as though his love for her only evolved further. In the moment he was angry and heartbroken. Who wouldn't if their friend suddenly backstabbed them? Harry stares at his reflection in the tea cup. Sad eyes reflect back at him. 

"Harry." A gentle voice calls out from behind Harry. Harry turns around as he adjusts his round rimmed glasses on his nose bridge. Mrs. Weasley stands there with knit brows and a concerned look. She cloaks the boy with a cardigan over his shoulders. "You shouldn't be out here in your jammies. It's still cold out." Mrs. Weasley puts up a fuss as she looks Harry up and down. 

Harry let's out a dry chuckle with a scrunch to his nose. "Sorry, I'll be more mindful Mrs. Weasley." Harry whispers with a tiny smile when he stares at the kind ginger haired woman. Mrs. Weasley is the closest mother figure in Harry's life. She's welcomed Harry into the Weasley family the moment she helped him cross Platform 9 3/4. 

Mrs. Weasley runs her fingers through Harry's messy hair. "What's on your mind dear?" Her question is simple but it's a loaded one. Harry drops his eyes back to his tea cup with pursed lips. He exhales slowly with a droop to his shoulders. Harry turns around to see the sun peak up from the horizon. 

"Have you and Mr. Weasley ever...held secrets from one another? Secrets that hurt one another?" Mrs. Weasley stands beside Harry, the two now watching the sunrise together. She exhales beside Harry with a faint smile.

"Of course. We've been married for years and dated even before then. There's always secrets, Harry. But the thing about secrets is that they will be told eventually." Mrs. Weasley turns her head slightly to look at Harry. He feels her eyes on him as he shifts his attention over to the kind woman. 

There's a smile that forms on Mrs. Weasley's face as she parts her lips to speak further. "There are times Mr. Weasley keeps secrets from me to protect me. Little does he know that it would've been easier if he told me. That way we can work things out together. But Mr. Weasley always believes he should shoulder all the troubles so I wouldn't have to worry. Silly man does not realize that his problems are mine too." 

Mrs. Weasley takes a moment to exhale with a light giggle and a shake to her head. "Lovers must be there for one another. Always. His problems will be my problems. The same can be said about my problems. He'll take it as his problems too. We learn and grow together, Harry. Forgive and forget despite the conditions. That's what true lovers do."

Harry intently listens to Mrs. Weasley's advice. Upon hearing her words, Harry's mind feels much clearer and his chest feels lighter. Mrs. Weasley gingerly cups her left hand against Harry's right cheek. She then strokes his cheek with her thumb with a sweet smile lacing her lips. "Whatever you're going through Harry, don't keep it to yourself. There's so many people who care about you and your thoughts. Remember this. Do you want a solution or comfort Harry?" 

Slowly Harry nods his head as he looks at Mrs. Weasley. She drops her hand back to her side and inhales deeply. Her eyes cast over to the sunrise for a little longer before she turns around. "I should prepare breakfast for the family. Don't stay out here too long Harry." Mrs. Weasley flashes a smile to Harry once more before returning into the Burrow. 

Harry watches the door close behind Mrs. Weasley before he strays his attention back to the sunrise. All this time Harry wanted answers to his questions but what he aches most is comfort from Y/N. Harry desperately wishes to embrace Y/N. He wishes to hear her voice to ease his anxiety. A sigh falls from Harry's lips. 

Not a second later does Harry hear something behind him again. He wonders if it's Mrs. Weasley returning back to tell him something she's forgotten to say. A gust of wind flutters Harry's hair as he squeezes his eyes shut. He then slowly flutters his eyes open to look behind him. That's when he feels as though his eyes are playing tricks on him. 

"Dobby, you need to work on your Apparate." Draco groans out as he holds Y/N steady. The two fumbling about with large suitcases. Dobby apologizes furiously with his large bulging eyes. Harry's breathing is heavy when he sees Draco, Dobby, and Y/N standing before him. Y/N sighs when she stands up properly. Her eyes then land on Harry's. 

Harry forgets how to breath when his eyes meet Y/N's. She's alive. She's here. Harry hears his heartbeat pounding in his eardrums. His chest feels tight and Harry forgets to breath. Rooted to his spot, Harry's legs feel like cement.

Your legs have a mind of their own. You abandon your spot in a rush to run over to Harry. Heart racing, you only have one objective in mind. "Harry." Your voice is full of ache and longing when your arms wrap around his waist. Slowly you feel Harry's body heat against yours. 

Harry envelopes you in return, his right hand stroking the back of your head. "You're alright. Thank heavens." Harry breathlessly mutters by your ear. It's no surprise you feel the tears brim up in your eyes. You've ached for Harry's embrace for weeks. The familiar smell of dark walnut, English lavender, and white amber soothes your nerves. 

You clutch tightly against Harry's cardigan. Your words muffle in his chest when you hide your face. "I missed you." Harry hides his face against the side of your head. You hear his voice loud and clear by your ear. "I can say the same to you Y/N. I missed you terribly." 

Goosebumps litter down your arms and spine when you hear Harry's words. You react by embracing him tightly. Harry seems hesitant to when you hear him ask about your injury. "Are you all healed? I'm not hurting you am I?" You shake your head in response.

"You're fine Harry. There's just a scar now." Upon hearing your answer Harry keeps his hold on you for a bit longer. He's careful to squeeze you. A comfortable silence fills the air as you both catch up on the time you've been apart through an embrace. 

The sound of someone clearing their throat pulls you both away from one another. Draco brings attention to himself along with Dobby who's silently smiling from ear to ear. "Sorry to interrupt but there's a lot to be discussed and time is limited." Draco casts his eyes over to the suitcases by his side. Harry looks at Draco before he drops his eyes on you. You sheepishly pull away from Harry. 

"Limited time? Is something wrong?" Harry narrows his eyes on the suitcases before looking at Draco. You timidly reach for Harry's right hand with your left. Harry snaps his attention over to you with concern, his green almond eyes wavering as they search your eyes. 

You glance over at the Burrow before averting your eyes to Draco. "Can he come? It'll be easier if we explain there." Draco looks hesitant at first. The boy purses his lips before he looks over at the house beside him. Draco gives a short nod before he looks directly at Harry. 

"Go and tell the Weasley's you'll return--". Draco's words are cut off when another voice intervenes the conversation. "Draco? Y/N?" Eyes cast over to the door that swings open. Out comes a freckled face boy known as Ron Weasley. 

Ron is quick to envelope you tightly. "Where have you been? We haven't heard from you. There's so much explaining you have to do!" Ron rests his hands on your shoulders as he looks at you with worry. "Do you know how much you've worried Harry? He's hardly had an appetite. Or well...he's hardly been a person." 

Draco exhales with a pinch to his nose bridge. "We don't have time for this. Dobby grab those two and let's go." Dobby hastily hurries over to Harry and Ron, snatching the two boys by their hands. You join Draco and the two of you rest your hands on Dobby's shoulders. "W-Wait, where are you taking us?!" Ron's question fades out into a scream as Dobby uses the spell Apparate. A note is left behind on the door that Ron and Harry will be back before sundown.