ϟ 12 | I feel loved

You're making your way to your next class which will be a dance class instructed by Professor McGonagall. It's a temporary extra class added to your agenda for the Yule Ball. While walking down the corridors and halls of Hogwarts, you can overhear several students talking about the festivities of the dance. The atmosphere at Hogwarts is welcoming after being stressed and anxious for weeks. You slow down when you hear the mention of a certain persons name.

"Who are you taking to the Yule Ball Draco?" Vincent Crabbe speaks loudly with a smug smile. You keep your distance when you turn the corner and spot Draco with Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise. "That's a stupid question Crabbe. Of course he's taking Pansy." Goyle scoffs as he shoves Crabbe on the shoulder. 

The four seem to be heading to the same class as you are. You mentally groan as you pinch the bridge of your nose. You have no interest in who Draco goes with. Despite thinking this, there is a tightness against your chest. You've grown up with Draco and have always been in arms length from him. Thoughts like this startle you as you ruffle your hair. 

Why are you thinking like this? As though you and Draco are on good terms? The boy has always kept his distance and would thrive in moments he could laugh at you. But his change of attitude towards you is giving you mixed emotions. You still have yet to talk to Draco alone. After he dropped you off last night, neither of you have spoken to one another. 

"What do you mean 'of course Pansy?'" Draco speaks up with narrowing eyes on Goyle. Goyle gulps as he stammers out a response to Draco. "You two are close, aren't you? She's seen sides of you that none of us has." Blaise scoffs when he hears Goyle's reasoning.

Your ears perk up as you're actively trying to overhear their conversation now. Draco scoffs when he looks ahead. You notice how Draco is not rejecting to Goyle's statement. Curiosity eats at you as you wonder if Draco's opened up to Pansy. Has she genuinely seen him at his most lowest? Has...Pansy seen Draco cry? Or possibly listened to his underlying raw feelings? 

Too distracted by your own thoughts you stupidly bump into Draco's back. You only realize when you're holding a hand over your face. "Watch where you're goi--." Draco is quick to raise his voice but he goes silent when you both look at one another. There's an obvious awkward silence when you step back and are being stared at by four Slytherins. 

The three asides Draco are staring at you with cold eyes. You obviously stepped out of line by being this close to Draco around his friends. "Sorry." The words slur out from your lips and you hastily turn around to walk back where you came from. You internally whine that you'll have to wait it out until they arrive to class first. But that means you'll be late. 

Grumbling under your breath, you feel Draco's eyes on you still. "Hey Y/N. Aren't you also heading to Professor McGonagall's dance cla--". You dart your eyes over to the person in question. How fateful is it for Harry and the others to be here. You slap your hand over Harry's mouth which makes the boy widen his eyes with a flush to his face.

You nervously turn your head slightly to look back at Draco who's still staring. The white blonde haired boy clicks his tongue before turning around and waving his friends forward. Once you no longer feel Draco's eyes on your back is when you let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry Harry." You apologize and drop your hand away from the boys mouth. Harry inhales deeply before fluttering his eyelashes.

"What was that? Were they bothering you?" Harry is quick to side with you. When in reality you are at fault. You turn around to walk with Harry and the others. Ron raises a brow when he looks forward at the group of Slytherin boys. Hermione narrows her eyes on their backs. 

You shake your head when you glance over to Harry. "I was...eavesdropping and bumped into Draco." You feel your face flush from embarrassment. Both Ron and Hermione pull their attentions away from the group of guys to stare at you with wide eyes. Ron's jaw drops comedically.