031 | please look after her

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure she'll really appreciate you doing that," Valentina received a small hum of agreement from the boy. "um.. I'm going to go now and hang out with Adalyn before my break's over but could you like.. message her or something now so she knows you aren't like ignoring her or anything?"

"Yeah, I will.. thank you as well, for letting me know and taking care of her and checking in on her and all that.."

"Of course.. I'll probably text you later and let you know how she's going," she added.

"Please do.."

After exchanging a goodbye and hanging up the call, Valentina begun making her way back out to the front of the cafe while she texted her own boyfriend. Sending Adalyn a smile as she took a seat across from her.

"How are you?" Valentina broke the slight silence.

"give me a second.." Adalyn mumbled, typing out a reply to her boyfriend before taking her headphones out and putting her phone down on the table. "what was that?"

"How are you going?"

"I'm tired.."

"You know you don't have to wait here, right?" she rhetorically asked. "You can go back to your apartment and sleep- or even mine if that makes you more comfortable."

"I don't want to.." she used the same soft, mumbled tone. "when do you finish?"

"um.. two o'clock, so in a few more hours," she responded. "I have like twenty minutes left now until I've gotta go back to work again."

"okay.."

"Do you have anything on this week?"

"just therapy on Thursday.. which I might not even go to.."

"Why not?" the elder softly furrowed.

"because I don't want to talk.." the words faded out as Adalyn's gaze trailed down to her phone, reading the message she had just received before flicking her head back to her friend. "Why the fuck did you call my boyfriend?!"

"It didn't mean anything," Valentina defended herself. "I was just telling him to check up on you, you don't seem very happy-"

"You don't need to tell him what to do," she continued to speak in a raised tone. "And I am fucking happy, stop assuming that I'm not."

"Addie.." Valentina watched the girl as she stood up and let out a scoff while grabbing her few belongings off the table. "Adalyn, I'm sorry.."

"I'm twenty-two, I'm not a fucking child, I can take care of myself without you having to weave yourself into my life. You don't need to tell my boyfriend that I'm not doing well when I'm doing perfect fine. Worry about your own fucking boyfriend and your own fucking life."

"I'm just looking out for you," she said in a soft tone as she stood up and grabbed the other's hand. "I don't want to lose you Addie.."

"Vally," Phoebe smiled at the elder as she interrupted the two friend's small argument. "Do you two want to head out the back..?"

"I was just heading out.." Adalyn mumbled.

"We'll just be a minute," Valentina softly shook her head.

"Okayy."

"I'm sorry for making a scene.." Adalyn apologised as her friend's coworker walked away from the pair.

"It's okay," Valentina pulled her into a hug, resting her head on her shoulder while softly stroking her back. "I love you."

"I love you too.."

"Do you want to stay till I finish up.. or are you going to head home and get some sleep?"

"I'm going to stay here.."

"Okay," she sent her a smile. "Let's sit back down then and talk till my break's over."

"okay.."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

adalyn's falling into her sad
era :((