048. werewolf love

Start from the beginning

"Unfortunately." Natalie forces a smile at her, not missing Dean basically drooling over the woman.

"Yeah. I do, actually." Sam says.

"Did, uh, did he have any enemies?" Dean asks, getting a hold of himself.

"What do you mean? It sure looked like an animal attack." Madison says.

"No, yeah, we're just covering all the bases. Anyone that might have had a beef with him? A former client, an ex?" Dean asks.

"What?" Sam asks, noticing her look.

"Well, this is embarrassing, but my ex-boyfriend, Kurt--"

"Kurt have a last name?" Dean asks.

"Mueller. After we broke up, he went kind of nuts. He's... well, he's kind of been stalking me. He got it in his head that something was going on between Nate and I. He showed up at my office." Madison explains.

"What happened?" Sam asks.

"Kurt got into it with Nate, threw a punch before security grabbed him. I was lucky to keep my job." Madison says.

"When was the last time you saw Kurt?" Dean asks.

"A few nights ago. Actually, the night Nate died. We were all grabbing drinks at this bar and Kurt showed up."

"And?" Dean asks.

"Nothing. It was... like he was watching me. Then he was gone. To tell you the truth... he scares me." Madison says.

~ ~ ~

"So, what do you think?" Dean asks as the three leave the apartment.

"Stalker ex-boyfriend? He hates the boss, and he was there that night." Sam says.

"Think he's our dog-faced boy?" Dean asks.

"Well, it's a theory." Sam says.

"We've had worse." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"What do you say we pay Kurt a visit?"

+++

They break into Kurt's apartment, looking around. Sam and Natalie make their way to the kitchen as Dean goes to the living room area.

"You holding up okay?" Sam quietly asks his sister.

"I'm fine, Sam. Zero traumatic childhood memories being brought up right now." Natalie remarks.

"It's okay if you don't wanna work this case. Just stay back with Bessie and Oph." Sam says.

"I'm fine, Sam." Natalie insists. "Not like I'm gonna fall in love with the werewolf this time. Think I've learned my lesson on that."

Sam sympathetically smiles and then gently ruffles her hair, turning when Dean walks in.

"Anything?" Sam asks.

"No, nothing but leftovers and a six pack." Dean says.

"Check the freezer. Maybe there's some human hearts behind the Haagen-Dazs or something." Sam says, slightly joking.

Dean goes to open the freezer, but they hear a door open and shut and then a crash. Dean opens the door to the balcony and steps outside.

"Guys, come here!" Dean calls and the twins go onto the balcony. "Check it out." They see claw marks on the side of the concrete wall that go down to the ground.

They hear a gunshot and race out of the apartment, rushing down the street, finding a policeman's body mauled.

"I'll call 911." Sam says.