Chapter 32 - Rising nightmare

Start from the beginning

"At least we can assume that it's attack won't be completely random since it obtained an ego." Chloe said.

"So, is it the same as before? We stay put in our place and wait until the enemy strikes?" Milim asked, twirling her hair with her fingers.

"Yes. For now it's the only thing we can do until we find out Ivaraj's whereabouts." Ramiris said.

"Great. Here comes another boring wait." Milim grumbled as she crossed her arms with a dissatisfied pout.

 After giving some detailed orders and distribution of force, the meeting ended and the people began to teleport back one by one except the ones who were staying.

 Rimuru also stood up from his seat and walked to Kumara who was waiting near one of the stone pillars.

"Another problem again. It's just endless, isn't it?" Rimuru said with a exasperated chuckle.

"Yeah, it seems like the word 'rest' doesn't suit you well." Kumara said jokingly as she patted his back in order to cheer him up.

 Rimuru gave a smile and raised a hand to ruffle her hair. However it never reached her as he felt a piercing pain at his chest.

"Dad?! Are you okay?" Kumara asked frantically as Rimuru suddenly staggered and fell on his knees, grabbing his chest tightly. She tried to help him stand up, but the next moment, she was sent flying to the table.

"""""Huh?!""""" Everyone remaining in the room was confused as they never saw Rimuru attacking his family.

"Dad... Why...?!" Kumara, who crashed into the table, asked in confusion as she raised herself up, only to get wide eyed at the sight of Rimuru vomiting out something on the floor with his whole body shaking greatly.

 Kumara instantly rushed towards him, but an arm reached out to her and pulled her back. She turned around to see Velzard holding her back.

 Kumara resisted fiercely at first. But then, her movement stopped as her gaze met Velzard's. Her eyes were filled with uncertainty and there was, with no doubt, fear.

"Everyone stay away from him!" Velzard shouted, making the others flinch, especially the ones who were trying to get close to him.

"Velzard-nee, what's wrong?!" Velgrynd asked.

 Without replying, Velzard materialized a spear at the level of god's class and cautiously approached Rimuru.

 Once she got close enough, she touched the black pool with the tip of the spear. Immediately, a crack appeared on the spear and after a second, it crumbled down, turning into a speck of dust.

"What the hell is that? That spear was on god's class. How can it crumble so fast?" Guy's confused voice rang through the silence. Everyone was watching the scene in confusion and anxiety.

"No, just no. It can't be. Just why does it have to be now?" Velzard muttered as she paced around Rimuru anxiously.

"What do you mean aunt Velzard? Do you know something?" Kumara, who was close enough to here what she said, asked desperately.

 Instead of replying, Velzard stopped facing around and pointed a finger toward Rimuru and began to draw complex symbols in the air.

 Once she finished, three swirls of white flame appeared and circled around Rimuru who was still trembling on the floor.

 Rimuru was covered with cold sweats and his breath was coming out shortly. He was trembling hard on the floor and there was a black line made by the liquid near his mouth.

"Aunt Velzard!" Kumara shouted at her. She was too shocked and nervous. Her father, who looked just fine few minutes ago, was now lying on the floor trembling in pain.