MSMC Bk 6 - Chapter 9

Chapter 9-The twins are born!

Kaylee's POV

I walked down to where Eagle was hovering over Annalisa. She looked like she was tired and Eagle looked seriously stressed out and worried about his wife.

"Hey girlfriend. How are you feeling?" I asked as I entered the room.

"Hey Kaylee. I'm so glad you are here. I feel fat and sore." Annalisa said.

"Well, they are just waiting for a surgical room to be prepped and then they are going to take you in. Eagle, I need to take you down to get into some surgical gear if you are going to go in the room with her." I told him.

"Can't you bring the stuff here? I don't want to leave her." Eagle said.

"No, I'm sorry. You'll have to remove your shoes and cut and I have to shoot your clothes down with a disinfectant before you can put on the suit and booties and we have to cover your hair up and fit you with a mask. Lord, I hope we have gloves big enough to fit your hands. Hell, I hope we have surgical suits big enough to fit you! I can't spray you down around Annalisa." I told him.

"They won't take her until I get back, will they?" Eagle said, very reluctant to leave her side.

"Go on, Eagle!" Annalisa said, getting irritated at his hovering.

"I'll be right back! I love you!" Eagle said and gave her a kiss on her forehead and then followed me out of the room.

As we walked down the hall, I told Eagle. "Now, there are rules in the surgery. You have to stand back and let them work. If you get in the way or cause any kind of disturbance, they will call for security and you will be forced to leave the room, so calm down big guy. This is something we do all the time and you just have to trust that we will get them through this."

"You are going to be in there with us, right?" Eagle asked with a pleading note in his voice.

"Well, I can ask but I'm not scheduled for it and child delivery is not my specialty. There are other nurses here that are much more experienced to work with the doctor that will know on instinct what to do if Annalisa or one of the babies gets in trouble. Don't worry. Doctor doesn't think anything is going to go wrong, I'm just trying to prepare you and offer you your best options. How about I offer to assist? I might be able to be there then." I told him.

"Please, Kaylee. I would feel better if you were there with us." He almost begged.

"Only if you promise me that you will keep your cool and that if the doctor says you need to leave for any reason, you will go without question. You asking questions that she has to stop and answer will cause delays in her treatment for Annalisa and the boys. Do you promise?" I asked, knowing that he was a man of his word.

"Alright. I promise." Eagle said, begrudgingly.

"That's good because the doctor was considering banning you from the operating room and was either going to have you sedated or have Hulk and Boomer grab you and hang on until she came out to tell you your son's are here." I smiled at him.

"Good luck on the second one." Eagle grinned at me.

I found a double extra large suit for him and while it was a bit tight over his biceps and across his chest, he managed to get in it without ripping it. He removed his boots and I fitted him with the surgical booties, found a hair cap, a facial cap and went looking for gloves. Thank goodness they are really stretchy because we just barely got them on his huge bear paws. It made me wonder what we are going to do when either me or Nessa have children. There is no way these things will fit out men!