I needed to find him.

Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon

I made my way back, seeing the entrance to the cave, staying down and hidden from a couple of whisperers i saw. I followed behind one as he walked fairly close to me. Seein' him bend over to grab my arrow i jumped up, pullin' my knife out and following him closer.

Quickly i turned behind a tree, hiding for a moment when another whisperer showed up. They were talkin' to one another just as Alpha walked out with Walkers following behind her.

I put my back against the tree, waitin' for a better time to make an escape. I followed Alpha and the two whisperers, throwing my knife at one, hittin' him in the arm causing him to collapse, walkers getting the jump on him.

I ran up, stabbing a whisperer from behind his body fell lifeless. Alpha looked at me, I quickly kicked the gun out of her hand, grabbing the other whisperer that ran up, and killing him.

Alpha came back, cutting me in the face after pulling her knife out. I winced and bent over, blood pouring down my eye.

I grabbed a stick, stabbing it into her shoulder. "where are they?" I yelled pushing down more causing her to scream in pain.

"Tell me!" I yelled as i looked over seeing that the group of walkers was getting closer.

I grabbed the stick from her shoulder, using it to take out a few of the walkers before feeling a burning sensation as i had been cut from behind, turnin' around to see Alpha with her knife again.

I swung the branch around, not being able to see due to the blood leaking down. "ahhh!" I kneeled down after feeling a knife pierce my thigh. I grunted held the weapon, droppin' the stick, and tryin' to crawl away.

I limped out of there, making my way to an old run down gas station. The knife still bein' in my thigh. I sat down, looked around [breathing heavy] when i heard banging.

It was Alpha.

I needed to think of something fast. I needed this knife out of my leg, but i knew i'd bleed out. I pulled a crowbar down, holding it in my hand and the banging finally came to a stop.

Hearing walkers enter the gas station i just sat there. Grabbin' a fire extinguisher and killing a walker with it, and using the crowbar to kill the other. I ended up getting pinned down by a third walker, having no choice but to pull the knife from my leg.

Yelling out in pain as i did so and stabbed the walker in the head. Immediately i started bleeding out, grabbing the wound and holding it, trying to stop the bleeding. Wincing in pain i continued breathing heavy.

"can you see beyond the darkness into the light?" Alpha began speaking.

"no." I said as i laid there.

"pain made me. Pain made you. Pain made my y/n." Alpha said a little louder.

"you lost her. Because you didn't love her." I said weakly.

"what did you say, boy?" Alpha asked as she winced.

you

you

It was dark now and i continued to look around after finding daryl's crossbow, swinging it around my shoulder, and walking inside the gas station slowly. Alpha was on the ground, bleeding pretty badly. Her face was pale she slowly held her hand out.

"you came home." Alpha said weakly.

"no, i didn't. This isn't home." i teared up and kneeled down next to her.

"they're waiting for you to lead." Alpha turned her head to look at me.

"i'm not here for them. I'm not here for you." i stood up, and walked away from her.

"i need you." Alpha said more weakly.

I ignored her. Looking down at her one last time before walking away.

I looked over, and saw daryl. His leg was bleeding and his face was bloody. "daryl.." i kneeled down next to him. He slowly looked over at me. "let's get out of here." i smiled softly, slowly helping him up off the floor.

He grunted as he stood up, wrapping his arm around me for balance. I wrapped my arm around him, grabbing his arm and placing it behind my neck as i held his hand, and wrapped my other arm around his waist the two of us walked.

He winced a few more times, dragging his feet, trying to walk. "i got you. I got you." i looked at him as he grunted. The pain in my side worsened, but i ignored it. All that was important to me right now was helping daryl.

The sun was up, sitting daryl down against a tree he slept for a little while. I stayed awake to keep watch when he suddenly jumped awake.

"easy. easy." i placed my hand on him gently as he started breathing heavy.

"how long i been asleep for?" He asked.

"most of the day. You needed it. You lost a lot of blood. It was dark, and too dangerous trying to get back." i sat down with him.

"you were just out here?" Daryl asked as he continued having his back against the tree.

"i came looking for you. I couldn't let you be out here alone." i looked at him.

"did you kill her?" He asked.

"Alpha? No, but i think maybe i should've." i sighed.

"you're hurt. You shouldn't have come out here alone." Daryl shook his head.

"I saved you. If i didn't come looking for you- i.. you would've died out here." I spoke truthfully.

"we should try heading back to Alexandria soon. You need bandaged up." i looked over at him again.