• Butterfly Effect •

Start from the beginning

I nodded. "Yeah that'd be great, I'll come back when yous are doing it."

She smiled, and turned her attention back to the group, who were still trying to master the art of striking a knife. I made my way back to the house, and inside my room. One of Carl's comics lay discarded on his single bed, and I grabbed it and flopped down.

I'd been reading for probably ten minutes before I heard a loud crash and some yelling. I jumped up, grabbing one of Carl's guns that was on his bed side table. I prayed he had one of his own for whatever was happening.

I looked out the window and my heart dropped at what I saw. The wall had came down and walkers were piling in eagerly. I could see Carol and Rick retreating away from the wall, and I blinked back the chaos that was happening. I had to fight again and I had to make it worth it.

I ran downstairs, gun in hand and stopped as I saw the walkers at the front door. Damn, they'd filed in quick. Shit. They banged on the door and I cursed myself for letting them know I was here. I ran back upstairs, and into my room, barricading it with Carl's bed. I opened the window and there was no easy escape; I knew that much. There were walkers everywhere, there would be no way that I could try going down there.

As I scanned outside for a possible exit, I could see Maggie, struggling to escape walkers. She was trying to climb one of the outposts but walkers were trying to reach her. I pulled out my gun and started shooting, even though the distance wasn't in my favor. I prayed I didn't hit her as I carried on firing off rounds with the hope of doing some good. I could see some of the walkers dropping to the ground, and breathed a breath of relief when I saw her flop on the outpost out of harms way; for the time being. She sat up, and looked in my general direction with a grateful smile. I diverted my attention elsewhere to see where I could be of use from up here. I heard a crash from downstairs and sprung back into action.

Grabbing some extra bullets, I slid the window open and looked at my options. Whilst I pondered, I put my gun in my waistband and the bullets in my pocket. I could jump, but not only would that be really painful, the walkers would eat me instantly. My only other option could be the roof, but that didn't seem too appealing either. My mind was made up once the sounds of scraping made its way to my ears. The door was opening slightly, allowing walkers to reach their measly arms in. I ran with my knife, trying to take out as many as I could since they weren't actually in the room yet. The bed did good at keeping them back but eventually the door slid open even more, budging the bed slightly.

I ran back to the window and stood on the ledge. I looked up at the slight gap up until the roof. I took a deep breath and a final glance to the walkers that were now filing through a small gap and did it. I shimmied slightly across the small ledge and jumped up a bit. My knife managed to stab fairly deep enough to allow me to use it as a little climbing handle and give myself the extra height needed to use my other hand to grab the roof ledge. I didn't get chance to pull myself up though as a hand grabbed my ankle, making me slip back down to where I just hung from my knife. I looked down, my knife still embedded in the wall, to try and kick away the walker that eyed me hungrily.

It happened quickly. The small scream that left my lips as my knife dislodged, sending me down. I tried to catch myself on the window but landed with a harsh thud on the floor. I groaned as I blinked the slow dancing black circles away from my vision. I grabbed Carl's gun and crawled under the railing of the porch and stood. The walkers were well aware of my presence and it was growing increasingly unsafe to stay here.

I didn't get far though, because as soon as I went to take a further step I noticed the ache in my leg. I couldn't see any blood, so I pushed on despite the tears brimming my eyes. Push them back. I ducked behind a house, near the back wall. There, knelt on the floor was Tyreese. He was bleeding from his abdomen and breathing unevenly.

"Ty!" I gasped out, running to him and ripping one of my sleeves off as I dropped to my knees next to him.

I wrapped it around him quickly and apologised before knotting it, pulling it tightly. He groaned, his hand on my shoulder.

"Go on Lia, get inside," he wheezed out. "I'll be fine, you need to go."

I scoffed, grabbing the arm that squeezed my shoulder and slinging it over my shoulder. I stood up, pulling him with me. His weight slumped into me and it took everything in me not to just drop to the floor with the pain in my leg.

I used my free arm to hold my gun, as we 'walked' to the back door. I tried the doorknob, only for it to rattle and not open. I could see another house with another door not to far ahead. I just prayed it was still empty.

"C'mon, I can see a place we can stay. Just a little further," I encouraged.

He groaned in response, and I looked over my shoulder to check we were safe. We weren't, there were walkers trailing behind us at a steady rate but as long as we didn't slow down we should be fine.

Tyreese grabbed my gun, shooting a few walkers that I hadn't noticed before giving it back. I could feel a slight bit of panic as the reality of this whole ideal sank in. I continued to shoot at walkers, even turning around to get a few more. We made it to the door, shooting walkers.

Rattle. Again.

"I'll open it, you just hold them off," Tyreese said, his voice stronger than before and I nodded as I got my knife in my other hand.

I shot and stabbed as a larger group began to close in on us. Using my slight bit of space before more closed in, I reloaded. Stabbing. Shooting. More closing in.

Amelia fought hard against the walkers, having to shoot and stab simultaneously. She could see Tyreese stood by the open door now, trying to make enough noise to draw the walkers attention. She had to get around them if she wanted to get in the house but they continued to force her further away.

"Go, I'll be okay!" She shouted to him, pushing the walkers away as she turned and ran.

"Amelia!" He screamed, attempting to run forward but was cut off by walkers coming to him.

He tried to shove them away and save her in any way he could but he was cut off. He had lost sight of her in the sea of living, lifeless corpses.