Chapter VII - Your Own Friends

Everyone was kind of in a confused state at Asura's exit from the tube. Though, the confusion washed quickly and you were all back on the move. You were heading directly to the stairs you originally were going to, Asura was still his original height but he was changed visually... You can't help but wonder what new abilities he may have due to this sudden change. He did lose his glowing yellow eyes, but you wondered what they were traded for.

Upon reaching the top of the stairs, Astro pointed down the hallway infront of you all.

"Ugh... How many more fucking hallways until we can leave this backwater lab?" Asura crossed his arms.

Astro looked to all of you.

"I would hope not long. We just need to keep moving. Don't give out now." Astro rounded the corner. A large red sign that said 'ARMORY' was visible on one of the doors on the right. The light was out on the sign, and had a 'Clearance-2 + SECURITY BYPASS ONLY' panel on it.

Your harem got to the front of the door.

Fox looked up and read the sign.

"Think people got here before us?"

You shrugged.

"I don't think so."

"Only one way to find out though."

You looked at Asura in his eyes. They were beautiful.

Astro slid the keycard on the panel, the gates to the armory opened.

Everyone stepped inside with haste.

The room was thrashed, some firearms remained on the racks but most of the closests were ransacked.

"Fuck! Goddammit!" Asura slammed his fist on the wall with an anguished growl that turned into a whine of despair.

Astro held their hand on their head.

"No fucking way..."

Fox walked further inside, reaching for one of the last M4A1's on the wall.

You clenched your fireaxe. You also walked further in, seeing a Sling laid on the floor. You picked it up, putting it around your shoulder like a bandolier.

Asura walked in beside you and began to salvage one of the closets near you.

"Some clothes." He spoke aloud.

"Try these."

Asura tossed you a black pull-over hooded sweatshirt with the Castle Rock logo on the left shoulder and right breast.

You scowled a little, before wrapping it around your waist.

He tossed you a pair of boots, and an actual fitting pair of socks. Though, they went up to your knees. You didn't care. He managed to pull out some grey fatigue-pants that fitted nicely.

Upon entirely putting on your new outfit, you couldn't forget the black fingerless gloves that were also inside on the lower shelf.

"Lookin' good I must say, (Y/N)."

Asura stopped digging as he smiled at you.

You slung your fireaxe, smiling at him as well.

"Wonder if anything'll fit me in here."

You turned back, feeling warm. Fox was loading his M4 and Astro was keeping tabs. They had an Ithaca-37 trained on the gate.

"That's all that's in here?" Asura turned to Astro, putting a hand on his hip.

Astro shrugged, "Seems so. I couldn't find anything special anyway. Found only eighteen shells for this thing. Try looking around more maybe there's something you missed."