Chapter 11- Confession and Regert

After walking for like ten minutes the group of people were finally out of the basement prison. Harry and Marcel took in the fresh air with a smile on their face but that turned into confusion as they saw the gurdas and Gemma staring at the sky with a starstruck look on their face.

"What's wrong? Never seen the sun before?" Harry asked with a teasing smile directed at Gemma but what he didn't know was truly this was the first time since morning that the sun was out in the sky and there was light everywhere. The guards immediately fell down on their knees in front of Harry.

"Whoa! The hell? What's happened? Why are you all suddenly on the floor?" Harry asked in horror while Gemma was still process the power her brother holds on nature without even knowing.

"Nevermind them, let's not keep the King waiting." She said instead leaving with a very confused Harry and amused Marcel trailing behind her.

Outside the King's room was Lottie walking in circles bitting her nails. The moment she saw Harry she jumped on him taking him in a tight hug as she took a breath of relief.
"Thank God you are fine Hazza, I'm so sorry for what mom did.."

"Not your fault. How are the alp-"

"Don't even ask. Just come to their room as soon as you are done talking with dad ok?" The serious and worried expression did nothing to calm Harry's beating heart.

"What happened-"

"No time to explain!! Now go, we'll wait for you here."

Left with no choice Harry went inside the room with a heavy heart. The room was a little dim as the curtains were drawn but still the King's focus was on the sun shining in the sky with a guilty look on his face.

What's up with everyone staring at the sun today?

"My lord.."

Immediately he turned to look at Harry. For a few seconds he looked relieved to see him fine but then that look turned into something else as his face paled and he looked down not meeting Harry's eyes.

"Your highness? Are you ok?"

"I'm sorry.."

A soft whisper left his mouth as he clenched his fist in the bedsheet. This was like the third time someone was saying sorry to harry when it was not even their fault.

"You don't need to apologize-"

Before Harry could continue king spoke with a frown on his face. Also this was the third time someone cuts him off, not that he was counting.

"No, you don't get it. It's my fault.. everything that happened was because of me. You see I was not exactly unaware about everything that was happening in Doncaster."

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean Chris.. I knew what he was doing to my kingdom and my people. I knew everything but I stayed quiet. I let the spark grow and now it's so big that it's threatening to burn down my house, my people and I can't do anything to stop it.."

There was pin drop silence in the room, the king managed to look up at Harry and saw a blank face staring back at him.

"Say something boy.."

"What should I say? Should I say it's ok that you let this all go on? Or should I say you did correct by not taking any action against your brother. Do you have any idea how much your people suffered by his hands!? He abused them daily!! Took their money, their Freedom, their dignity!! He raped omegas don't you understand? He would have done the same to Marcy if I was not there and your telling all this could have been avoided if you fucking did something about it!!"