"What a gentleman," I joke. I accept his hand and step out onto the footpath.

"Only for you," he links our elbows, making sure we stay close together at all times.

"Is this where we're going?" I eye the building before us. It's a small restaurant — too small for a wedding venue.

"No. This is," Valentino turns us around. At the end of the road stands a building the size of Buckingham Palace. It's a masterpiece of Sicilian design, with Palladian windows and classical Greek columns holding up the ceiling, surrounding the grand entrance. Two statues stand beside the stairwell. They both show lions, one mounted by a woman and another man. The Building has an orange tinge, with the lights on, it looks golden. It's perfect.

"What is it?" I ask. "Is it a museum?"

"Teatro Massimo," he tells me. "The third largest opera house in Europe."

"Oh my god."

"Shall we go in?"

"Yes," I nod eagerly. "Absolutely."

We start heading towards it. The gate around it is shut, but there's a man by the entrance that Valentino seems to know. He speaks to him in Italian. The man makes a quick call on his phone before returning to open the gate for us. Of course, he can get in anywhere. He probably knows the owners.

Walking up the stairs reminds me of our first night together, when he had to help me down the steps of the gala. It's been a little over a week since then, but it feels much longer. Where we are right now is a million times better than where I thought we'd be. I wasn't even sure if we'd last a day. He could've been the nastiest person alive. But he's far from it. He's sweet, caring, considerate and so, so sexy. He's charming, too. He's my own Prince Charming.

Valentino opens the door for me, ushering me inside. The interior matches the exterior perfectly. The walls are lined with dark wood carved with intricate detail. We walk through another set of doors before arriving at the main room — the theatre itself. It's completely silent. All we can hear is the sound of our shoes on the wooden floor. I look up to take in the space.

It's beyond massive. It's a large round room, stories and stories high. There are chairs set up across the floor, but most of the seating seems to be up on the balconies. There are hundreds of them, decorated in red fabric and separated by smaller light brown columns, each designed with intricate detailing. They look over the stage at the back of the room, which is currently covered by a red velvet curtain with golden tassels. The ceiling shows a large circular painting, surrounded by what looks like decorative gold. With all the frills, patterns and frescoes, this place is a perfect representation of Sicilian design. It looks like an indoor colosseum for royalty.

"What do you think?" Valentino's voice echos across the hall.

"I... I love it," I don't know what else to say. I'm completely in awe. "This is perfect. This is exactly what we need."

"You approve?"

"Yes! Yes, it's... it's beautiful. It's elegant and grandiose, and it's— it's magical," I turn my attention to him. He's already looking at me, taking in my amazement. "We have to get married here."

"It's decided?"

"Absolutely! Don't you think?" I lean into him excitedly. "It's perfect!"

"Excellent," he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "We'll pick a date and I'll make it happen."

My smile widens. I can't believe this man. I can't believe he's mine. I couldn't be any happier. I stand on the tips of my toes and throw my arms over his shoulders. He's the perfect size. And he smells so good. I love how he holds me. It's so gentle yet so secure. I feel comfortable with him. I didn't expect to feel this way so quickly.

My eyes scan over his face. The stubble over his jaw has started to grow, only making his jawline look stronger. His eyes are dark and piercing, but they're filled with love. He adores me. I can tell.

"I can't believe I get to marry Valentino Sainte," I run my thumb over his cheek.

"Don't get too excited. I haven't proposed yet."

"No, but you will."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely," I insist. "You'd be stupid not to."

"I'm glad you think so," he inches forward. "I agree."

"Good," I meet him halfway, pressing my lips against his. He deepens the kiss, his tongue lightly stroking mine. I feel a bulge start to form under his pants. I pull away to catch my breath. "Is there a hotel nearby?"

"Why?"

"I'm feeling awfully... empty."

"Empty?" his lips turn into a smile, still pressed against mine.

"Empty," I confirm.

"Well, I suppose I'll have to fill you up then, darling," his hands trail down to my butt, giving my right cheek a tight squeeze. "Come with me."