10

Tilly awoke to fingers lightly brushing across her cheeks, over her nose, and tracing her lips. 

It took a moment for her to fully open her eyes. She forgot how it felt to fully fall asleep. She hadn't remembered the last time she had felt this groggy.

"Good morning baby." Michael cooed to her quietly, laying on his side. His head resting on his right hand, his left brushing hair out of her face. 

"Michael?" She murmured, disoriented.

"Shhhh, take it easy Tills, I know you're probably confused. Let yourself wake up and we can discuss everything over breakfast with Ms. Mead.

She furrowed her brows at the unknown name and stretched out her body, still in bed. She let out a whimper as she stretched out her stiff muscles. Michaels eyes hardened at the sound as he moved his left hand over her flat stomach, rubbing it comfortingly.

"You ready to get up?" Michael soothingly asked.

"Mhm. I'm really hungry." She said as she sat up, tossing her legs over the end of the bed. Michael chuckled, "Well I'd hope so, you haven't ate actual food since 1973."

She stood up and froze before turning to him. Oh yeah, she was human now. That one thought sent her spiraling.

Where is she? What's going on? How is any of this even possible?

She was interrupted from her thoughts by a soft hand grabbing hers. 

"You okay?"

She looked up and saw the blue eyes she loved so dearly. 

Her lips trembled as she shook her head, tears spilling over.

Michael was quick to pull her into his arms into a tight hug, grabbing the back of her head, guiding it to the crook of his neck.

"Shhhhh. It's okay Tills. I know this is all very overwhelming. But don't worry, I will tell you everything. We will get through this together, okay?"

She grabbed onto his tighter and nodded, "Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~

After Ms. Mead had given them french toast for breakfast, which the two had completely demolished- Tilly being because it was her first meal in 40 years, and Michael because it was his favorite meal. Michael had let Tilly shower and given her a pair of his sweat pants and tee shirt- with promises of going shopping of course. He changed while she was getting ready and met her in the living room.

Once she walked out, his eyes brightened and he had a wide smile on his face. He loved her in his clothes, it gave him a sense of posession. His Tilly. In his clothes. He couldn't contain his happiness. 

He stood up from the couch, offering her his hand. She grabbed in and he intertwined their hands together.

"Let's go sit on the back porch and talk, okay?"

He grabbed a hairbrush as they walked out. He led her to a comfortable chair on the porch and walked behind her, beginning to brush her hair.

"I know youre confused Tilly. I am too. All I know is that Im the son of Satan, and you are my given soulmate. We were preordained to be together. That is why we've always felt as if there was a connection-a thread attached to each other. My father gave me to you, an actual angel from heaven, to guide and comfort me when needed."

"Preordained? How do you know all this Michael? How are you sure it is me? I don't think im an angel honestly. How could I be?" Tilly said in disbelief.

Michael continued to brush through her hair. " Anton showed me. It is a prophecy! Isn't that crazy? Satan cared for me so much he gave me someone who would stick with me for all eternity." 

He finished brushing through your hair, and moved you to stand up. Tilly looked at him confused, only for him to sit in the chair and pull her onto his lap sideways. He gripped onto the side of her thighs with his right hand, and his left went around her waist.

"And you are my angel Tilly." He brushed his nose against her cheek as he continued, "My light, my comfort, my love. You are the only one I live for. You are my salvation."

Tilly closed her eyes and leaned into Michael, taking a deep breath. "But why? What is our purpose now?"

"Yours? to be my angel. We cannot be apart, it will physically hurt us as this bond grows stronger. Trust me and follow me where I go, and I will give you another change at life. We can go where you want and do what you want. 

But, first. I must fulfil whatever my father needs me to do. He has something planned for me, and I will not let him down. Will you accompany me?"

He places small kisses all over her neck as she remains silent.

Michael begins to grow desperate, moving up to kiss her jaw, cheeks, and corner of her mouth, waiting anxiously for an answer. 

Tilly contemplated answering.

Michael was willing to give her whatever she wanted, but it came with a price. Could she really do whatever he asked of her? It was literally the devils will. 

Could she even deny him? He physically brought her back to life. As much as she wanted to deny it , he could easily take it away, she knew he cared for her, but he still scared her. She didn't want to end up like the couple that souls he physically burnt to a crisp.

What did she have to lose? She knew he would never ask him to do anything she wasn't comfortable with. He loved her, and she loved him.

With little deliberation, she lowered her head down to his, and connected their lips in a passionate kiss.

 A promise to follow her soulmate to the end.