Season 1: Episode 2: Starved for Help

(A/U: The Outfit on top (with the Horse shirt) is Esperanza's Outfit and The one below is Chatan's Outfit.)

(A/U: This is Esperanza's new haircut and will remain this way at the end of this book

(A/U: This is Esperanza's new haircut and will remain this way at the end of this book.)

Woods

Chatan's POV

THREE MONTHS LATER
A zombie is eating a rabbit. Lee Everett walks up behind it and axes it in the back of the head. Mark walks up behind him with me. "Damn it. What'd they get this time?" Mark asks. "Looks like a rabbit." I spoke up picking up the dead rabbit. "Well, that's another meal lost." Mark said in slight disappointment. We start walking. "I still can't believe we went through all that commissary food in three months! It seemed like so much at the time." Mark said as Lee and I look at him. "Maybe you shouldn't have opened the door." Lee spoke up as I loaded an arrow in my bow.

"Yeah, except then I'd probably be food right now. Trust me, I have no regrets!" Mark said. "A rabbit's hardly a meal, Mark, but... I'd take it." Lee said as I nodded. "I agree with Lee. We're all hungry." I spoke up. "No kidding. "When I accidentally grabbed for Carley's rations the other night, I thought she was gonna take off my hand!" Mark said. "We're all on edge. Just cut her some slack." Lee said.

"Yeah, you're right. I wish I knew for sure how much food we have left." Mark said as Lee and I look at him. "...That much, huh?" Does Kenny know?" Mark asks. "I don't know." Lee said truthfully. You think Kenny and Esperanza's having any more luck than we are out here?" Mark asks. "I sure hope so." I spoke up.

"Yeah, between the lack of food and Kenny and Lilly fighting all the time, things are getting pretty tense back at the motor inn. You know Kenny's been talking about taking off if he can get that RV running." Mark said. "He's got a wife and son to look out for." I spoke up. "Kenny won't abandon us. He's a good man." Lee said backing Kenny. (You gave your opinion about Kenny.) "I guess we'll see." Mark said.

"And one fewer gun hand. One way or another, it's a bad situation." Mark said. "I think we're stronger as a group. I just don't know what'll happen if we start to break apart." I spoke up. "Can't blame him, though... Did you hear Larry going off on him last night? What's the old guy's deal, anyway? Seems like he's got a problem with you in particular." Mark said looking at Lee.

A bird caws and flies. "He thinks I'm a danger to the group and Clementine." Lee said. Mark will remember that. "I think he's the one putting us in danger. The way Lilly worries about his health, I wouldn't be surprised if she's been skimming rations for him." Mark said.

"Larry's just looking out for his daughter." I said. Mark will remember that. "Hey, I know Lilly. She can take care of herself. He needs to take that energy and put it towards finding us some more food. And I know Lilly thinks he's getting weaker, but the guy's all muscle! He's a walking piledriver! I know I wouldn't want to be stuck in a room with him!" Mark said. "And didn't he punch you in the face one time?" I asked looking at Lee.