"Maybe he'll kidnap me here." Erisa tried to joke but was met with a harsh slap on the shoulder by the Larren hunter.

Cadence hissed viciously, "He won't get the chance. Erisa, just do what you need to do and we'll take care of the rest."

Erisa nodded stiffly, rubbing her cold hands together to cause friction as a biting iciness injected into her skin, giving her the shudders.

"A lot of people here," Cadence murmured, scanning her eyes across the place. "You'll have to lead him away, Erisa, don't wanna cause a scene."

From the look of things, the population of people and bright lights, Erisa would find that task difficult. She would have to lead him to the outskirts of the carnival where darkness could drape over them and they could have ... privacy.

"Frankie, do you have the tranquilliser?" Cadence asked the older man.

Frankie parked the vehicle closer to the gates in the far north of the place, where they were closest to the forest with not many people around them.

He fiddled with his glasses on his crooked nose and nodded, pulling the tranquilliser gun out of his inner jacket pocket. "I'll try and get him at a distance if I can."

They were set.

Erisa would lead the Alpha into her arms, Cadence and Rexton's job was to watch over her and Frankie had to knock him out.

Lycus, Accalia and Tala were preparing his cage for when he arrived at the Fenris pack. Once they were done, they would let Cadence know that it was time to lock Cole down.

This was a drastic and dangerous move to make on the chessboard, but they would keep moving forward, not back. Cole and Zenith had made their mark.

The hunters would go after the Thrax pack for their frequent attacks and bite marks they left on the skin of humans.

The Canus pack were left to Lycus Fenris, where war could finally unfold if Cole still wished. His only wish should to be freed from his future chains and cage.

Erisa wouldn't be there to see it.

"Cadence, what is that circular shape going round and round?" Rexton's soft voice swept through the car.

Erisa never imagined these circumstances for Cadence, not someone as hard and brutal as her.

Throughout their lives, Erisa had never once seen Cadence unveil such tongue-tied and palpable emotions towards anyone. She had never been in love or even had the faintest crush on another. She hardly spoke of such topics and if anything, Erisa doubted she even felt emotional ties like many other people did.

Love for Cadence was claiming death for others to ensure the life of her loved ones, not the sweet as honey or flesh against flesh kind of acts that centred around erotica or affection.

It was never in the cards for the Larren hunter.

Erisa hid her smile, finding it all amusing, the pushing and pulling Rexton and Cadence did with each other.

A being said to be the bane of evil and hell had such longing for a mere human that didn't even bat an eye at him. He had begged for Cadence's forgiveness, committed to her in ways where she only used him, and Rexton still tried.

Erisa had never seen anything like it — she knew worst monsters and they had not a drop of supernatural blood in them.

"Er — that's a Ferris wheel, hybrid." Cadence replied bluntly.

"Can we go on it together?" The hybrid asked innocently.

Cadence's annoyed sigh set Erisa off into laughter and yet again, a hand slapped at her shoulder.