3. [wood]

«Docking complete. Everything is set, Vice Adrmiral. We are ready to move the prisoner onto land.»

The soldier saluted his superior. Ashes fell from Onigumo's cigar as he inhaled deeply.

«Very well.»

He turned to you.

«Lieutenant Commander. I've heard you became acquainted with the prisoner. Why don't you escort him out personally?»

Your eyebrows rose to crease your forehead.

«Didn't he take out six men with his kicks alone when you took him from Impel Down?»

«Those weren't officers. As Aokiji's direct subordinate, I trust you won't have any issues.»

You blinked at him and waited a few seconds, surely he would retract such a foolish order. He stared back at you, unperturbed.

«Here's the key.»

Your lips tightened.

«Yessir.»

You took it and slowly headed below deck, but turned for a second before crossing the door.

«Am I allowed to shoot him if he tries anything?»

«Of course not. He's scheduled for public execution in a few hours. We cannot have him dead here for your incompetence»

You nodded.

«Great.»

There were only two men assisting you as you entered Firefist's brig, and both of them cared to stand as far away as possible when you opened the cage.

«Well, my friend,» you said, warily circling around the chair he was chained to «It seems we've reach our destination. Now come with me nicely, will you?»

Ace lifted his face just enough to take in the situation, his gaze gaining a glimpse of amusement as his focus zeroed on you.

«You're going to walk me out there alone

Your eyes met his and sharpened. A trickle of sweat rolled down your temple.

That's what you get for playing cocky, Y/n.

«Yes. So behave.»

«They don't like you, do they?»

You crouched behind him to unlock his cuffs from the chair, Observation already active and tense.

«I'm glad I can provide a little fun for you today, Firefist.»

«I'm glad too.»

«Now stand.»

He obeyed, surprisingly, and your nervous attention fixed on his legs. Those were all he needed to knock out several soldiers just a few hours before.

But Firefist Ace didn't show any belligerent intent. You swallowed a knot in your throat and took a hold of his seastone cuffs, still securing his wrists behind his back, and gently pushed him forward.

«Let's go.»

The men at the entrance stepped even further aside as you passed the threshold of the brigs.

What can I do if he decides to break away from me? There's no way I can hold him against his will.

Now that you were inches from his bare torso, you could see the agile yet steel-firm muscles in his arms and back, just below the inked skin.