eight

"HUUUUUUUUUH?!"

The table of five yell in unison, causing the cafeteria to go quiet.

"Girls! This is the third time this week! Quiet down, or all of you get detentions!" a teacher snaps at the group. Hyunjin lets out a snicker.

"Kim Hyunjin, that's it. I'm writing you up."

Oo's came from the cafeteria, making the group laugh at their beloved soccer player.

"Damn it, that means I gotta skip practice today.." the saddened girl puts her head down, with her hands around it. "Meh, you'll deal with it." says Yeojin stuffing her face with rice.

"Okay! Anyways guys, we have boiling hot tea. I'll get straight to the point, I think Ha Sooyoung has a crush on me." whispers Jiwoo.

The table gasps, Hyejoo with an eyebrow up, Yeojin eyes ready to pop out her sockets, and Hyunjin barely gets her head off from the table. Jungeun has a nasty smirk on her face too.

"Alright, spill then!" Yeojin says eagerly.

—————————

The school bell rings, and Hyunjin slumps in her seat, head looking straight up at the ceiling.

Till' a triangled lip girl blocked her view.

"Ughh.. I know Hye. I have detention." The bummed soccer player groaned as she got up and slung her bag around her shoulder.

"Glad you know! Anyway, when you're out, wanna get some BBQ after? Me and Yeojin get out practice the same time you get out, so how bout' it?" the swimmer crosses her arms, waiting for her friends answer.

"Yeah, sure whatever. I'll call you when I'm out." the raven haired waved goodbye to her friend and walked toward her detention classroom.

—————-

When she entered her class, she found a couple of students there, unfamiliar, but at least she wasn't alone.

She took her seat in the very back, taking a book out and hiding her phone behind it.

The teacher monitoring them walked in, it was Ms. Myoui, an english teacher and the head volleyball coach. She sighed and put her phone back in her skirt pocket, Ms. Myoui is stricter than a mf. If Hyunjin was caught with her phone, it'd be the end of her.

Hyunjin took out some of her homework out of her bag, and began working for around 20 minutes.

Detention was about an hour, so when it's been 40 minutes in, Hyunjin was ready to bolt out.

She glanced at Ms. Myoui, looking a bit anxious when staring at her phone; then she looked up at Hyunjin. Eyes locked.

Her stare was scary, Hyunjin immediately looked away, turning her attention at the window.

"Hyunjin, I need you're help. Follow me." Ms. Myoui says as she stood from her seat, exiting the classroom.

The soccer player panicked for a moment, then stumbled out the class in a hurry.

————————

The volleyball coach and Hyunjin walked into the gymnasium, the student behind the teacher.

"God it's a mess, and why aren't you guys practicing?! I'm out for one practice and you guys just proved that I cannot trust you!" Ms. Myoui yelled at the girls in the court, all going blue at the sight of their enraged coach.

"50 suicides! On the line!" she yells again, the volleyball team rushing towards the line.

"Hyunjin, help me count. And make sure no one stops moving." she demands to the frightened soccer player, standing there awkwardly. Ms. Myoui picks up the snack wrappers, crumbs, and spilled drinks on the bleachers.