"...'m gonna be sick.."

Sabre mumbled out, forcing himself to talk within his panic. He could feel the acid and bile rising in his throat. M quickly nodded and helped him off the table, bringing him to the bathroom as quickly as he could.

The professor sighed and tapped the desk restlessly.

"Assistant, make sure he's okay?"

*"You're concerned ab-"

"Assistant." Professor Red cut him off before he heard a sassy remark, running his hand through his hair, "Please."

He heard the clanks of metal feet, then a faint rolling as the Assistant went off to catch up with Sabre. Professor Red sighed, he wanted to get some information out of Sabre but he supposed it could wait for a bit. He didn't think much about the housing now, he knew M would already pry for Sabre to live with him now. If he didn't do it, the professor would just do it himself.

Although Sabre would probably spend more time here anyways, because the professor had /no idea/ why he also had steve blood. Until he reconsidered the injuries Sabre sustained, and it became a little more transparent.

Blood transfusion was common when there was an extreme loss of blood.

/

"...ugh"

Sabre had basically spent the entire day at M's place, and god did he feel horrid. The side effects the professor mentioned had absolutely kicked in. His head pounded, his appetite would switch from alright to starving within seconds, his stomach had been aching all day even after he felt like he threw up his own guts.

"Want some soup?" Sabre had been drinking soup all day. He didn't want more, but maybe he could get a different type. He'd just had beef and mushroom soup, since M didn't have anything else.

A different type meant M would have to buy some though, and that either meant buying some or ordering some. Sabre didn't quite trust any restaurant food right now, even if he knew it was safe in M's hands. He did want a different type. Would it bother M to buy some? It's not like Sabre would be left alone, he could see the Assistant standing in the corner of the room, turned off to conserve power.

"... Sure." Sabre decided not to bother M by making him leave (although he did request M to make the soup a bit differently, which he obliged to.). With a quick glance at the clock, Sabre could see it was a bit past 3pm. He'd been here for about 5 hours.

Professor Red popped by a few times too, giving Sabre medicine. Once he looked at his veins, seeing their color and looking over it as if it would pop. Sabre was confused, until he remembered what the Assistant said about his blood, and had to explain it all to the Professor.

Long story short, the fight with Demon Void had taken a lot out of him, literally. A scythe through half his torso, a finger or two missing, and a wing chopped- ripped- off. When he'd arrived at Thera's house, he'd practically been bleeding out. He'd lost a lot of blood, and needed more.

While they were lucky enough to be able to get a blood transfusion despite Sabre's exile, and the same blood type, it was an entirely different species than Sabre. Thera said if steves and humans weren't so closely linked in biology and form, they wouldn't have been able to do it at all.

Nonetheless, it left him feeling similar to how he was now, except that's how he felt for a week before his body began processing it (most likely with the help of the darkness). Professor Red said he'd only feel like this for a day or two. Sabre couldn't be happier about that, at least he wouldn't be bedridden for a week.