Unfortunately, it was one of your days off during the week, meaning you were at home alone whilst Scarlett was on set and Rose was at school, leading you to be extremely bored. Checking your phone once again, you saw that your good morning text to Scarlett had been read, but she hadn't replied, which was unusual, as she made sure she always replied to your texts, knowing how people had made you feel in the past. Sighing with disappointment, you flopped back onto the sofa as the show that was playing in the background, filled the room with white noise.

Five o'clock arrived and you were worried as neither Scarlett nor Rose had come back home. Hurriedly, you picked up your phone and rang Scarlett with a slight panic."

"...hi, this is Scarlett, sorry I can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message after the beep." Throwing your phone down on the soft cushions, you ran your hands through your hair with frustration. The only other person you thought to call was Lizzie, so you picked your phone up and dialled her number in the hopes that she could ease your worries.

"...Hello?"

"Oh, thank God, Lizzie it's Y/N, have you heard from Scarlett in the past few hours? I'm really worried as neither her nor Rosie have come home and I'm starting to freak out."

"Y/N/N, it's fine, Rose is with Robbie and I, she's having a sleepover with us tonight. Didn't Scarlett tell you?" she asked you with a hint of confusion, as you and Scarlett were well known for your usually excellent communication skills.

"No, I'm sure she just forgot; you know? I can imagine how busy she's been with filming and The Outset stuff too. Thank you, Lizzie, I was really worried and nearly called the cops. Tell Rose that Mama loves her and that I'll see her tomorrow. I hope you have a nice sleepover, just make sure she doesn't eat too much sugar, I know what you're like Olsen!" ending with a slight chuckle, you exchanged formalities and hung up.

Deciding to wait for her just a little longer, you opened up Twitter to have a quick scroll through and check any notifications you may have. Much to your surprise, one of the first pictures you came across was one of Scarlett and Romain, her ex-husband and Rose's dad, coming out of a restaurant, both smiling and laughing. Immediately, all those intrusive thoughts started screaming in your head; 'you'll never be good enough for her', 'you're just a barista and she's Hollywood royalty', 'her and Romain would be better together, then they could be a proper family with Rose'. That last thought broke you into a loud and uncontrollable sob, what if Romain and Scarlett got back together? Surely that meant you'd never see little Rose again and that was something that absolutely broke your heart, as she was such a special little girl, and you wouldn't be able to cope if you weren't part of her life anymore.

Too busy crying, you didn't hear the door or Scarlett announcing her arrival to the house, "Honey, I'm home...hey, baby, what's up? Why are you crying, my love?"

Taking a minute to catch your breath, you replied through hiccoughy cries, "I saw you...and...Romain coming out of the restaurant together. If you didn't want me anymore, you could've just said Scarlett!" resuming your wailing, Scarlett picked you up and gently sat you in her lap in an attempt to comfort you.

"Baby, I promise I only want you. I was with Romain because I needed to discuss something with him, something about Rose and I needed his input. Now, we're gonna take a minute and calm down, okay? Then, you're gonna go upstairs, get yourself cleaned up and get dressed because I'm taking you out. The dress code is fancy by the way, so no sneakers with your dress Y/N!" scolding you with a playful expression, she sends you on your way with a kiss and a quick pat to the derriere.

Half an hour later and you're ready - dressed in a silver dress with spaghetti straps and some white wedged heels, you meet Scarlett downstairs, who is dressed in a beautiful white dress with matching white heels.

"Wow. My love, you look absolutely angelic, I'm starting to wish we weren't going out so I could hear how heavenly you sing for me." Stepping closer to her as she speaks, you gently remove her bottom lip from between her teeth with your thumb.

"No time for that, you're the one who demanded I go and get ready for whatever this 'special surprise' is, so there'll be none of that Johansson. Let's go." Locking the door behind you, you failed to see the wide smile on Scarlett's face as she repeatedly checked her blazer pocket for the item inside.

Scarlett had her driver bring you to the city and as soon as you stepped out, you noticed that you'd arrived at the restaurant you saw her and Romain coming out of earlier, immediately bringing all those negative thoughts flooding back to your mind. Luckily, Scarlett seemed to sense your apprehension and squeezed your hand in reassurance. "Hey, everything is okay, you'll see soon enough, I promise."

Stepping into the restaurant, a waiter kindly led you to your seats, right by the window that overlooked Manhattan. "Do you want to tell me more about why you got so upset earlier? You've seen pictures like that before when I've been with others, but I've never seen you react like that darling."

"I just started getting these intrusive thoughts and my brain just went into overdrive. I don't know, I just think that, well I'm me, and you're you, you know? Like, why would you, award-winning actress Scarlett Johansson, want to be with me Y/N Y/L/N? I'm nothing special, hell my own family reminded me of that enough. I'm just a barista that you happened to stumble upon one morning all those years ago. Seeing you with him made me think about what would happen if you got back with him. You and Rose wouldn't be a part of my life anymore and I wouldn't be able to handle that, I love that little girl as if she was my own flesh and blood."

"Angel, I need you to listen to me and listen carefully okay?" Nodding at her, Scarlett moved to kneel in front of you and grabbed your hands in hers before resuming. "I don't care what job you do, it doesn't matter to me, you could have no job and I wouldn't love you any less. You are the most important person in the world to me, after Rose of course.." To which you both chuckled and agreed, "..and you are so incredibly special! I'm so mad at your family for treating you that way and making you feel so worthless because you're not, you're perfect to me. You deserve the universe and I want to be the one to give it to you. So..Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you make the happiest woman in the world and do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

Stunned, you stared at Scarlett in obvious shock. Two hours ago, you thought you were about to be dumped and now, this beautiful woman is kneeling down in front of you asking you to marry her. Realising you hadn't given her an answer, you jumped up in delight and screamed a resounding "YES!" Grabbing your hands once again, Scarlett gently placed the emerald engagement ring on your left hand and gazed at it with tears in her eyes.

"I picked the emerald because it matches your eyes and I want you to see how beautiful they look to me when you look at that ring on your finger. The only reason I was with Romain was because I was nervous and I was asking his opinion on all of this. We've both moved on from each other, he's settled with his girlfriend in France and I have you, the most special woman in the world. I love you so much and I can't wait to walk down that aisle and marry you. Now, let's go home and enjoy our time together before our daughter comes home tomorrow."

Pulling you up from your seat, she locked her lips with yours in a fiery and passionate kiss, desperate to show you all the love she has for you, before guiding you home to celebrate the night in style.