Chapter 17: Win, loose or Draal?

| "Come on, Jim

| "Come on, Jim." |

"The Trollhunter has laid a challenge before the son of his predecessor, and you shall all bear witness to the ensuing battle, which will be one for the ages

"The Trollhunter has laid a challenge before the son of his predecessor, and you shall all bear witness to the ensuing battle, which will be one for the ages." Vendal announced to the arena that was filled with trolls looking down upon the arena who were waiting in anticipation for the demise of the new human Trollhunter.

Jim had been quite the whole morning, rightfully so. Y/N was nervous and she wasn't even going up against Draal.

The arena was empty as Jim, Y/N and Toby eyed the situation before them. Jim pulled out two letters, breaking within as he looked at Toby and Y/N.

"Hey, I...I want you two to have this." Jim said, handing them both the letters he had wrote for them.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows looking down at the letter he had just given her, and was about to speak up but Toby beat her to it.

"What's this?" Toby asked as he took the letter and traced his name with his eyes, sharing a concerned look with Y/N before looking at Jim.

The Trollhunter looked between the two with sad eyes. "It says everything I want to say."

Y/N's face softened, he really didn't think he was going to make it. "Jim.."

"You promised me tacos." Toby announced to Jim, making Y/N look at the boy in confusion.

Jim scoffed at his best friend. "Now is not the time for lunch, Tobes."

"Last week, we went for tacos. I paid. You said, Next time on me. You're going to get this letter back unopened after the fight, and when you get back, we'll get tacos." Toby explained adding onto what he had said.

Jim chuckled. "Tacos sounds good." He then turned to the Trollhuntress who was looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"I know you think you're not going to make it, but you've got so much in you that you just can't see yet. I can though, you are the Trollhunter Jim, nobody else. You have something that Draal can only wish for." Y/N said stepping closer to Jim, she placed a hand on his jacket right where his heart sat. "Humanity, and although some may say it is your weakness, It is your greatest strength. Jim. You will not die today or any time soon."